Zombie Bunny's - Easter Zombie Bunny's iPhone Game submitted to App Store!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Huminah, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Huminah

Huminah Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Hello everyone, I'm the developer of a new game about to be released on the App store (hopefully within the next 2 days)

We just finished 4 months of super fast crazy production on this one. Its a 3D first person walkthrough game. Runs super smooth on the phone with no lag, we paid very close attention to draw calls and atlasing our textures to allow a decent 3D world with no lag.

The games premise is 'The Easter Bunnies from your parents past have come back as the living dead! They may be cute, and lovable but they are ANYTHING but cuddly, they're out to eat your brains, and can only be put back in the ground if you help them find all of their missing body parts.'

It's a 3D interactive environment (3 story house) where the player searches for torn off bunny ears, heads, and feet. Find them all in time or face being eaten alive by the Zombie Bunnies! (update will have animations of zombie bunnies that attack in a movie clip if you run out of time)

Large house with interactive furnishings. (Throw the TV off its stand, tip objects over, throw couch cushions across the room while looking for Bunny parts underneath them.
    Open up cabinets, drawers, look in the garage, the Zombie Easter Bunnies have body parts torn off and hidden everywhere.

Front yard and backyard complete with Treehouse coming in next update as well. We're going to release a # of games branded under 'Zombie Bunnies' over the next year, so please keep an eye open for them, or else you could find one of these cute cuddly guys chewing on your ankles...
    Here are some screen shots, I'll post the URL from iTunes once its greenlit.

Attached Files:

2. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    Sounds pretty cute, do you have an video of the game and do the locations of the zombie bunny parts randomize each time you play?

3. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    This does look really cool! :)

4. Huminah

Huminah Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Re: video. Will be able to post video on Tuesday I think.

and yes its different body parts spawning in different areas randomly each time the game is loaded. Glad you like the idea, careful... They bite!

5. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

I like open-world games, and this looks quite cute. :)

6. Lisa_California

Lisa_California New Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Nurse
    San Diego
    Can't wait! Love bunnies... love zombies! (lol)

Screenies look awesome. A must buy fro me.

7. Huminah

Huminah Member

Mar 28, 2010
    New screen shots and menu's for the game.

Still waiting for Apple to approve. They said it needed to be marked with cartoon violence.. Go figure!
    Should be today/tomorrow though from the looks of it.

How have you folks recorded game trailers by the way? Video capture on your mac?

Attached Files:

8. Huminah

Huminah Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Zombie Bunnies - Look out for em

Finally! Up on the app store.
    Please have a peak at it and let us know what you think. We received a lot of compliments from beta testers on the game. Missed the Easter Holiday rush but its not meant to be just an easter game as you'll see.

Zombie Bunnies.. Hidden Body Parts, what will they think of next...

9. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    Looks very nice, I would love to see a video.

10. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Hey! The graphics look awesome!

11. maikelg

maikelg Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    #12 maikelg, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
    Ok, I just tried this out and while I do like the game play and the way this looks there are some MAJOR bugs that need to be solved in a future update and then this really could be a fun little finding stuff game.

-When you die or restart a game in the main menu the body parts you already found will not be in the room anymore, so there is now way to beat it after that without quiting and restarting the app.

-turning is slow, and it turns the wrong way, if you move left, the camera moves right. Please add an option to invert the camera.
    Also, for this game it would be ideal to have a swipe option to look around.

- the main menu mentions finding eggs instead of body parts.

12. Huminah

Huminah Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Feedback

I'm the developer on the game, good feedback heres a quick response for you..

- When you quit and restart from main menu body parts from the rooms you were in are not there anymore. *Fixed this bug over the weekend and its been resubmitted already. You should see the update online in a few days. When you exit the app and reload it its fine, its just when you quit to main menu and play again.

- ah yes.. Eggs... this is another small bug we found, its also been fixed already you'll see it in the update.

- we like your swiping of the screen to look around the room quicker, this is an interesting idea. We'll give it some thought on how to process.
    - Inverting the camera should be easy enough.

Any more feedback from anyone? Glad you liked the game Maikel.

We have many more 'Zombie Bunny' branded games coming up that are already in development. We'll post them up here on Touch Arcade first as they get closer. We'll be looking for more beta testers for those if anyones interested.

Adam
    Huminah Huminah Interactive

13. maikelg

maikelg Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Hi Adam,

Hope I didn't sound too harsh in my previous post, but I really do like this game. It looks nice and I think it's just cool to walk around in a 3D house looking for hidden items and it will be even better if you indeed fix those things I mentioned :)
    Can't wait for the update!

14. Huminah

Huminah Member

Mar 28, 2010