Universal Sage Fusion (by Kidalang)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Nov 1, 2012.

1. robbmx77

robbmx77 Member

Aug 15, 2012
    I've played for about an hour so far and I'm barely on chapter 1. There's a lot of reading and looking for items on the field like in an adventure game.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ever played Battleloot Adventures? Are they similar? Coz it sounds like it, but no one has mentioned Battleloot adventures except me who doesnt have the game. LOL

3. Fujibayashi

Fujibayashi Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Japanese / Korean translator.
    Mililani, O'ahu, Hawai'i
    I love this game! Plays like most of the Winterwolves / Hanako games (Heileen, Loren, Fatal Hearts) for the mac. App store needs more English-language Visual novel / RPGs like this! Not too difficult, not bad writing... very interesting combat system (timed blocking)... possibly the first time I've seen something like that in the Visual Novel genre. I have only one minor complaint: NO TITLE SCREEN?! :) Still, I highly recommend this game if you like VNs as much as I do. Hope to see more from this dev, it's a perfect mix of Visual Novel and Adventure formats!

4. BrionyEddon

BrionyEddon New Member

Nov 4, 2012
    "Beautiful 2D arts?" Yeah. Gunna pass.

5. skipdaddy

skipdaddy Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Dev, if you see this, please release some info on when the next chapter comes out please. We love you.

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im still surprised nobody said anything if there are similarities with Battleloot Adventures. :D

7. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    I think there's more to it than Battleloot... Seems like there's adventure point and click like segments I guess? And then battles with timed attack and defense. And of cousre the story which BA had pretty much none of...

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    So i guess they are only similar in the battles. Thanks for the comparison. The no character progression is still holding me back though. Im afraid having a battle system like this without it having a proper RPG-character progression seems empty to me. I really find it odd that they chose this kind of battle system, but i might be missing something.

9. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I've been leaning the same way and have been hoping someone could say once and for all if their is any character development in terms of stats, equipment, skills...

Something.

10. skipdaddy

skipdaddy Member

Jun 8, 2012
    No there is no player controlled development of stats. The characters get new skills and stats as the story progresses.

DEV PLEASE RELEASE SOME INFO ON WHEN THE NEXT CHAPTER COMES OUT

Thank you

11. HCivic

HCivic New Member

Nov 24, 2012
    #52 HCivic, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
    I enjoyed this game a lot, totally worth the 0.99$/0.89 eur that i've paid on it. A very good hybrid of adventure and TBS. The story is too short for my taste, but because you have to read all the conversations and tales took me around 6-7h to complete it. If you play it without reading (as a second time, when you know exactly what to do) i think that can be completed in 2h.

Dev i definitly want the second chapter, but will it be as an update or a new game? Just to know if i can delete this one :)

12. Kidalang

Kidalang Active Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Game Developer
    Bandung, Indonesia
    Hello, everyone. I am from Kidalang, the developer of Sage Fusion. Sorry for not saying anything until now. We actually have found this forum thread since the very beginning, but being the new kid in town, we were still a little shy.

Thank you very much for all of you who have taken interest in Sage Fusion, especially those who actually bought and played this game that just suddenly showed up one day, released by a no-name company nobody has ever heard before. We're happy that most of you who tried it seem to have enjoyed it.

We actually have released a little info on the next episode's release in a blog post: http://kidalang.com/2012/11/15/first-post-2/
    I will reproduce the relevant bit here, but do visit our blog to read the full post.

We will keep sharing news about our games in our website, and we also plan to share other things like concept art and development progress in our blog, so please visit our website at www.kidalang.com.

Thank you and please give Sage Fusion a try! It's probably different than most people's expectation of RPG, and most people's expectation of adventure game. We can't say whether it's better, but rather than rehashing the same old idea over and over again, we think people will appreciate something fresh and different.:)

PS: For those of you still wondering about character progression, see skipdaddy's answer.

PPS: @HCivic, the second episode will be released as a new game, not an update.

13. chobo

chobo Active Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Lovin the concept and style!
    Will definitely be playing this among the many other anticipated games this year

14. Kidalang

Kidalang Active Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Game Developer
    Bandung, Indonesia
    Sage Fusion lite

Hi. We just want to tell you guys that we have released the lite version of Sage Fusion, so if you're still unsure about getting Sage Fusion, you can get a quick look for free. This should let you get a taste of each of the gameplay features: the battle, a bit of puzzle, exploration, and of course the story. You can download Sage Fusion lite from App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sage-fusion-lite/id580782128?mt=8

Also, the full version is currently on sale for $0.99 for two days, so this is a good chance to get the game after trying out the lite version.
    Sage Fusion (full version): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sage-fusion/id572478618?mt=8

Thanks!

15. HeroComa

HeroComa Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Long Beach, California
    The story is pretty interesting, but what happened in the end was a little abrupt and shocking! Hoping to see more of this and I'm actually excited to see what happens next!

16. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Quite the nice game here. As I really like stories with weird twists/takes on The Church, I enjoyed this one immensely.

Agree on the abrupt cliffhanger ending, keeps you on your toes for the next chapter.

@Kidalang: Would you mind adding a donate button (say, 5€?) to the full version?
    I got it for free during your Asimov's birthday sale, and would like to show some support, even it is just a token sum from a single person.

17. Kidalang

Kidalang Active Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Game Developer
    Bandung, Indonesia
    Hello Sheinfell,

Thanks. I'm glad that you enjoyed our game.

You do realize that the normal price is 2.69 €, right? :) That you value our game at twice the real price makes me really proud and happy.

If you want to support us, the best thing you can do is tell as many people as you can about our game. I think there are still many people who have not heard about Sage Fusion, or for some reason are still reluctant to try it. We also hope to get reviews from gaming websites *cough* Touch Arcade *cough* so it will help if a lot of people start talking about it.

Again, thank you for your support!

PS: For those who don't know, Sage Fusion is currently still on sale (although no longer free).

18. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    You're most welcome.
    And I actually value your game higher than that :) , but thought a donation button with more than 5€/$ on it might scare people off.
    For a visual novel of that length and quality I would pay at least 15€ here, could easily be between 20-25€ as well. I can only estimate, but would say Sage Fusion would be a 50+ pages graphic novel book, if you trim it down to fit the format; or 100+ if you want to go overboard.
    The funny thing is, if I look at the prices of some graphic novels on the Appstore, I see a lot of free ones, but also many with 10€+ price tag. I wonder what price you could ask if you published as a graphic novel, and not as a game where - unfortunately - any price past "F0R FREEZ!" is unacceptable for many.

Have to hold up the minority flag here, of people who are willing to pay good money for good content :p

19. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    You may be in the minority of people who have good money to pay! LOL However, sage fusion certainly is well worth the asking price here! great game with a very good and at times very humorous story. Truly great dialogue which is very uncommon in ios games. Great action, puzzle solving and gorgeous on the eyes! Pick this up now! Can not wait for more!