Universal Ski Safari - (by Defiant Development)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Apr 25, 2012.

1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I get the sleigh pretty much half the times I got though houses and still cant get the third reindeer, two reindeers is ok, three seems almost impossible... at least if when you hit something a penguin fell off intead of reindeer... just wait until you get Elf Sven and Bling Sven last missions, are hard as titanium, plus the 1500 bat jump one... going to wait for the update, they changed missions on the past, maybe they will do it again?

Also, the 12x multiplier is lame for me too, only 1 rank left and I doubt the next award will be the 16x... they need to add more of this, when you achieve 12x, the avalanche starts getting to you, and you need to use a blue boost to escape it... instead, add up to 24x and you dont need to, and it will become fun again. I actually sent them a Feedback email with all of this, hope they listen to me...

2. Initial D

Initial D Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    #202 Initial D, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
    Start working on your Bat flying skills as this is what helped me to get this. :) I realized to use the Bat when jumping off cliffs the presents were always located closer to the cliffs (and I was jumping OVER them) so I thought the physics of bat flying would make it easier to get them. :cool: Remember to rest the bat by skiing on the ground for a bit in between presents. I also used a coin magnet to stop the boosts from making me fly over the presents and at the same time made for good coin runs since you are flying through clouds anyway. :cool:

3. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    I found it almost impossible too but now I get 3 most runs. The trick is to hold while flying as soon as you get the second reindeer, this makes the front reindeer land flatter on near vertical drops and far more likely to survive.

I only have two left, the presents (will try the bat tip, thanks) and the three eagles which I definitely did in a previous version before it was an official goal. It'll just take a lot of tries...

Game of the year (judged by time spent playing it) no contest.

4. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Thanks for the tips, will try them as soon as I can. Then it will be missions two left until the storm slope thats coming

5. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Interesting new update... Not much for this content but for whats ahead, as the game briefly shows Sven dreaming about him riding a dolphin on the ocean...

And the update bring bugfixes and a new snowmobile, a Sven costume and a scarf, all platinum covered bringing 4 new missions :D

6. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Can anyone say Sea safari!

7. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Can't believe I'm so late to the party, this game rocks! Definitely one of the best runners the App Store has to offer! 3 hours non stop playing for the first time today and I've already scored ~700000m on Eagle Bluffs, I'm getting the hang of this :D

8. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    A new zone is here: Panda Pass! :D

Time to pick up this fantastic runner again folks :cool:

9. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Yeah, this game is one of the best of any genre.

10. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Errr, I think it just belongs to the runner genre?

Nevertheless, very good game indeed. Dare I say, as good as Jetpack Joyride.

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah, agreed. Together with Rayman, Zombie Tsunami and Tiny Wings make the best 5-of list on the one-touch platformer/runner genre.

Actually the new Sheep Happens is slowly going up my list, but dont have much playtime for it now, so i'll see where that ends up later on.

12. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Damn, it crashes every time after the loading screen... Tried everything and nothing :(

Due to iOS7 I cant play this one and Dead Ahead... Fingers crossed for the GM to come out soon...

And EP, dont forget to add Worm Run and the Chillingo title to the list :)

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Dont worry, i did say one-touch (which could be clearer if i said one-tap-touch), which means that the list can expand a bit ;)

14. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Yeah, I was trying to muscle in some hyperbole by stating that this title is one of the best genres notwithstanding...I know that it's a "runner". ;)

15. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    #215 Fangbone, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
    Have had the new stage crash twice. Once was right in the middle of the play it just exited out of the app to my home screen. Second time was after a run through the new level. Pushed the shop button and the screen froze. Had to exit app and close it down. Doesn't bother me too much because its such a fun game but would be nice to have it work properly. 16 gig mini with current os

16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Since the update, my rank has been reset twice.

Anyone else?

I still have my coins, but everything else has been earned, locked, earned again then re-locked.

Pretty damn frustrating.

17. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Pretty cool here on my iPad2 iOS5.

So, I've faced the hardest mission this game has to offer (or so I hope; can't handle more than this): ski 3km without touching any animals or vehicles.

Imagine this:

1. Animals must be avoided like rocks. So now we have moving rocks.
    2. You must rely solely on backflips (and red cabins if you have enabled that) to generate boosts to jump over moving animals. Penguins are tricky alright, but are you fast enough to jump over a yeti?
    3. Ski 3000m perfectly. Oh and, with said requirements.

My best is 2700m, and that's from 5 hours of playing on a rainy day. Don't think I'll ever get this star.

18. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Aaaaaaaand guess what :D

[​IMG]

It appears I accumulate 10000 coins from my many tries on this mission :eek:

19. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Ha! I just came here to see if anyone has managed to complete this mission. Congrats!

Gotta keep trying I guess D:

20. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Don't give up, here, have some protips :D

1. Play Eagle Bluffs. The cliffs are perfect for making backflips to generate boosts. You need boosts (to be more precise, momentum) to jump over animals.
    2. Enable the red cabin perk.
    3. If you manage to ski on a cloud, jump from one to another and stay up there as long as possible. There are no animals above the clouds :D
    4. Meh, forget everything I tell you. Keep calm and ski on :rolleyes: