iPhone Space Simulator for iOS

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by devGirl, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Congrats! I'm on it!!
    Clock-watching until end of my work day now :)

2. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Great news!!!!! Waiting for iPhone version!!!

3. Baracus

Is there no thread for this in the main part of the forum yet?

I just fumbled my way through a shuttle launch, still have much to learn about the systems coz I totally have no idea what I am doing but just had to say.... WOW, what you achieved with the feeling of seeing the curvature of the earth starting to appear then the stars appearing is totally epic! Brought a big smile to my face!

Now I just need to suss out how to find the ISS :)

4. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Stoked for this, hoping the dev will continue to flesh this out!

5. jcarrion

jcarrion Member

Feb 23, 2015
    hi ! .
    well , the initial reception seems quite promising :) ...

we are actually holding the first update just in case there was an unexpected major bug. It seems there isnt , so we are sending the updated build today ... It will be available for download in 7 days.

It has shadows ( iPad air ) global illumination , and fixes a few glitches here and there..

Attached Files:

6. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Great!!! Glad to hear that this awesome app is making well! I hope there will be iPhone compatibility in the second update... You will gain a great deal more then....!!!!

7. Baracus

#27 Baracus, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    Well I'm actually finding quite a few bugs. I'm probably doing unexcecpted stuff as I have no clue what I should be doing because of the lack of guidance. It's going be be pretty hard to track down all this stuff though I think!

I couldn't even exactly tell you what I did or did wrong.

PM me if I can be of any help.

EDIT: stuff like undocking at wrong point, half the ship varnished but I can still thrust, but thrust FX is just coming out of middle of nowhere where the jet on the now invisible part of the ship was.

Moon landing and I ran out of fuel at like 0.08km above surface (dammit) but the autopilot was in control, and as soon as it hit 0% fuel it jumped back to 98.8% but my lander split in half in a weird way, and the top half crashed and sunk into the moon (on fire but sinking through the ground).

Taking off from moon I went manual and got it all messed up but upon hitting surface it just sunk through like above.

Many more little things after wildy hitting buttons in various modes that obviously weren't ready to be hit yet :)

When will you have a step by step guide for the missions ready? I'm totally lost. Lol

Not expecting to be an astronaut overnight but some kind of direction to aim for would be good.

8. jcarrion

jcarrion Member

Feb 23, 2015
    #28 jcarrion, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    Hi . Im writing the tutorials as I type :) . The Moon lander splitting in half is actually the way it was designed.. once It run out of fuel ( the lower part , the landing part ) , IT -self staged- ( splitted in half ) and the upper half supposedly should have fuel to get you back to dock with the CSM . The fuel back to 98% refers to the fuel in the upper stage ( being full by when you stage ). That was more or less how it used to work the real thing.

Taking off from the moon required the program AGC 12 . . so you need to punch ( on the keyboard : [PRO] [VERB]37[NOUN]12[ENTER] -wait for 6 secs telemetry - and that should put you back in moon orbit .

For more in-depth use of the AGC .. here http://www.ibiblio.org/apollo/ is a good starting point . The particular implementtation is the one on Apollo 12 , so a few things may vary .. not much thou. Anyway , you can always launch any spacecraft ( with the correct relevant launch-to-orbit program) by -on the SHIP tab - press "LAUNCH"

Im particularly interested on that undocking + exhaust plume out of nowhere . Do you have a screenshot ? which spacecraft whas it ?

hopefully I can get it fixed for 1st update in a couple days... . Still unfinished but plenty scope to experiment /fiddle :)

Thanks !

EDIT:
    The manual / User guide for Saturn V launch to Orbit.
    http://space-simulator.com/wiki2/index.php?title=A-11_Episode_1_Launch_from_Kennedy_Space_Center#Launch_to_Orbit