Suggestions for iDevice Tower Defense games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Scytheron, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Scytheron

Scytheron Member

Aug 28, 2009
    I'm looking for a good new tower defense game, and I think i've run the gambit on strategy/TD games on the ipod touch:

Fieldrunners
    Tower Madness
    TapDefense
    Cartoon Wars (not QUITE a TD, but i need suggestions for strategy games too)
    Warfare INC.

a few others whose names i cant think of at the moment but i've beaten and removed from my ipod.

Games I'd love to see on the ipod touch/iphone:

Gemcraft
    Bloons TD (in the works)
    A slower paced resource game (think Farmville on facebook, although ranch rush is great)
    Stronghold Crusader/clone (even if it's just the resource bits, I had fun with those more than actually fighting anyways)
    Heroscape (actually just a board game with custom boards and hex based combat. It'd work great if they added online/bluetooth support and decent AI, but hasbro wont. Maybe EA will? xD)

For those of you that don't know, Gemcraft is an RPG styled Tower Defense game. Lots of fun, I think Armor Games is the developer.

Anyways, for those of us who play gemcraft WAY too much, it'd be nice to see it on the iDevices.

I'm not asking a dev to make it, I'm just seeing if anyone else thinks this is a decent idea. I think adding a bit more depth to the TD genre is fantastic, because let's face it, who HASN'T beaten fieldrunners 88 times on endless mode (yeah, it's impossible, so what).

I haven't seen a whole lot in the way of 'unique' tower defense games in the works. Actually, the one I have seen was Bloons TD, which I'm buying as soon as it's released. I loved all three of those games for PC, and I'm hoping it's good. =D

Anyone else have suggestions? Just a random thread I suppose, don't hate me too much ;D

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #2 drelbs, Sep 11, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  3. Scytheron

Scytheron Member

Aug 28, 2009
    I wasn't a huge fan of civ rev for ipod touch, but that's because the lite version was really really limited, i need a chance to play the full one for a bit. I'll look into AR3NA, for sure that looks GREAT.

4. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Theres only one tower defense that should be allowed exist on the iphone and thats Defender Chronicles. NO TD can beat it. Its got tonnes of gameplay and is my most played game. It makes you keep coming back for more even replaying the same levels to get your stars, get gold for new items (and there are tonnes of items) or getting xp.

5. Entropic

Entropic Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Check out Geodefense if you haven't already.

6. thewiirocks

thewiirocks Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Expert Software Engineer
    #6 thewiirocks, Sep 12, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
    If you like Gemcraft, you'll LOVE Defender Chronicles. Don't even think, just hit the "Buy" button. ;)
    ________
    Aerio