Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I've raced a few times since getting the Kairos just for the XP (I'm still on level 39) and I've noticed I never see gems on the wheel anymore. Is this the same for everyone? Also, the amount of XP on the wheel is pretty low too. Not worth the trouble at all. I'll eventually get there from the Coloseum I guess.

2. ~ebbnflow~

~ebbnflow~ Active Member

Nov 4, 2012
    I also miss the zoom-out feature in DragonVale. It was fun seeing all the islands together on-screen, but I guess it was memory intensive so they took it off. I wish BackFlip brings it back as an option though.

3. ~ebbnflow~

~ebbnflow~ Active Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Same here, went from level 35 to 40 from the xp while trying to get Kairos. Also won tons of gems which can be used to purchase a missing or last fragment. I read somewhere you can gain lots of xp's by purchasing a volcano and then reselling it at half the price. You lose 5,000,000 each transaction, but it speeds up your leveling. If you have lots of cash, then go for it.

4. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    You can also buy $5 million of food in a large farm. It takes an hour to grow and you get 2.5 million XP (same as volcano.). Takes longer than just buying and selling volcanoes but you end up with all the food.

5. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    #7145 Deeneez, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
    I am so glad they have a gem dragon with short fails this month. It was nice getting 2 so readily.

6. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    A good day today! I got Topaz 2 and 3 breeding! Now tomorrow I can gat back to the fun of trying to get a gold Olympus ;)

7. ButterflyFan

ButterflyFan Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2012
    I just got the Topaz! I got it in the EBC with a level 15 Firefly and a level 6 Cactus. I know that the levels don't matter, but I found its disparity kind of funny.

8. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    Still working on number two here.

9. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    You'll get it. Projecting all my positive energy into your dragon love nests now! Ha

10. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    Ha ha. Thanks. I'm working on a Gold Olympus as well (my second.) Seems like a hopeless cause. That is a tough dragon to breed. My display Malachite egg is giving me hell too, been trying for awhile for it.

11. N3sty5

N3sty5 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Just got my third topaz! Now i don't have to worry about it anymore. Going to try to get a second seasonal or gold olympus dragon now.

12. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Glad to see so many of you have gotten your topaz! Been breeding constantly with no success :( oh well. At least the breed times are short. I haven't seen anything an the eclipse dragon. Did I miss something?

13. ButterflyFan

Jun 30, 2012
    It was in the description of the Umbral Sculpture that was released on November 2

14. AndyPandy26

AndyPandy26 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    When is this eclipse due? I was going to breed two more Rainbows for my rainbow island, but I don't want to tie up both caves if it's due soon...

Got my third Topaz yesterday, first time I've managed to get three of the same gem dragon, I usually still need to get my first with a few days to go lol.

15. Thornefeather

Thornefeather Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Job seeker
    Virginia, USA
    The Australian total solar eclipse is November 13, so you have plenty of time to breed other things. Congrats on your topazes.

16. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    Finally got both my second Topaz and second Malachite this morn. Been tring for the Mala for a month. Both are for display.

Next I need my second Gold Olympus which will then be used to breed a third for display. Then my display island will be complete until something new comes along (aka Eclipse.)

I realize easier said than done. I got my first Gold Oly relatively easy. But the second has seemed almost impossible.

17. N3sty5

N3sty5 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    #7157 N3sty5, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
    Got my second seasonal dragon. Now going for a second gold olympus before the eclipse dragon gets here.

After i get second gold olympus all i got to do is get the few rare display eggs i need.

18. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Happy happy dance just got my second topaz so have my display egg on it's way :D:D:D
    Both my topazes came with fresh dragons levelled up to seven, had plenty to choose from with all the fails!, so if you're having no success so far try ditching your current breeding pairs and start afresh with new ones. I have a theory that new pairs have one ( relatively) quick gem in them, extra ones a then a real struggle. Has anyone else noticed this?
    Good luck to everyone still trying :)

19. Thornefeather

Thornefeather Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Job seeker
    Virginia, USA
    Solar Eclipse Dragon

Will be out later today and will be available until November 19th. Pic is on Facebook - looks awesome!

20. ButterflyFan

Jun 30, 2012
    That is such a cool dragon! I hope it won't be too hard to get.