iPhone Blood Bowl by Focus Home Interactive

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    It's a super fun game, but the digital execution is lacking. The fact that the IOS version has about 90% fewer races than on PC also doesn't help the matter. Still, it isn't horrible, it simply could have been so much better.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Ah is often the case with many of these games...so many that could be so much more or something special but they fail to put the effort in or do it wrong.

I'll just keep my eye on it then as I have...maybe we will get Blood Bowl 2 instead.

3. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    Dark Elves and Lizardmen released today. $2.99 USD each

4. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    I sort of forgot about this game. A price drop is a good way to jog my memory though.

Any advice for a new player?

5. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    #185 athros, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    1.) The tutorial sucks. There are several linked videos on page 1 and 2. TotalBiscut's series is pretty good.
    2.) RTFM. Seriously. Blood Bowl Competition Rules.
    3.) Read Parkingtigers posts on page 1 and 2. Good advice.
    4.) Seriously RTFM. The game is complicated.
    5.) Start as Orcs. They're a solid starting team.
    6.) There is a little bubble in the bottom left corner that will give you the odds. Pay attention to it.
    7.) In a turn, do the safest things first. Risky things lead to turnovers.
    8.) Playbooks - Read them after the manual!
    9.) Manual - Read it.

6. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    This is the best advice i have seen. Lol

Great game but do not start thinking its a madden game.... But you will lose and never play again.... Or write a crappy review.

Yes i am still pist about that.

7. Parkingtigers

Parkingtigers Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    I'd forgotten all about this thread, been kind of busy for playing much Blood Bowl since my last post in here. Recently upgraded to an iPad mini 3, so got a lot more space and a shinier screen. Now I see there are two more teams released I'm going to be all over those. Lizardmen and Dark Elves were a great choice to add next. I'm thinking Dark Elves will suit my play style nicely. Agile enough to dodge about a bit, and vicious sods who like to hurt their opponents. Time to start a fresh campaign I reckon.

Hi to all those that still play this. It's a good game, got a ton of good gaming hours out of it so far. I really hope they still add in a couple of extra stadiums at some point but I've still never regretted this purchase.

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Had this wish listed for a while and never picked it up due to reviews, but just thought I'd let you all know it seems to have gone free.

9. Keitch83

Keitch83 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Just getting into this(late to the party I know). Anyone have any tips?