Universal Skyline Skaters by Tactile Entertainment

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sink_or_swim, Mar 14, 2014.

1. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I spent a few weeks with Skyline Skaters and I believe that it will be a big success. It won't get much love on TA but many people will love this game because it's perfect to pick up and play.
    Long story short. Skyline Skaters is freemium, you earn coins at a very good rate. The premium currency is rare. The missions force you to constantly spent coins to upgrade your deck. There are facebook pop-ups and revives. The game has more negative than positive aspects. But it's highly addictive, the controls are simple, it looks great (a bit like subway surfers) and there are many things to upgrade in the shop.

2. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Good summary and it is indeed a very fun game.
    I could live with the freemium part if only they would add a leaderboard for a hardcore mode without continues.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woh... Im really enjoying the gameplay but... I guess SoS already summed it up pretty well, and i definitely agree the freemiumness is what's keeping this from being totally enjoyable.

4. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Agreed

5. OrangeJews

OrangeJews Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Has anyone received their Facebook bonus? I unlocked the new character, but no superbox or bux.

6. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Same thing happened to me. Didn´t work at first, but after the last update at least the girl unlocked.

7. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Even with the freemium aspects this game is really fun

8. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    So now you guys have been playing for awhile - anyone gotten past 30.000 or 50.000 yet? :)

9. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I didn't unlock a character. I unlocked a FB board and I've been getting daily bux.

10. MacDaddy

May 4, 2009
    Have you tried selecting the Mia character now that you have logged in?

11. MrGreed

Feb 2, 2012
    I have Mia and have unlocked both her and the main guy character to level 10-11

Do you know what the purpose of the grey/white coins serve?

Are they counted as coins when you grab them or only yellow or orange coins?

Wish they had a coin counter in game so you could see how many you are collecting each run

Also if anyone is having trouble getting coins grab the Flowboard for 30 ''Bucks" that increases your coins every run

It's alot cheaper than grabbing a coin doubler for $5 USD which is super steep

12. MacDaddy

May 4, 2009
    Mia is the character you get for fb login :)

The bronze coins count for 1, silver for 2 and gold for 3.

After each run you can see how many coins you got on the score screen :)

13. MacDaddy

May 4, 2009
    Has anyone made a replay video where they get more than 150k points? I would like to see that :)

14. CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    I've only managed about 57k so far. I'm sure I could get more if I upgraded my point bonus boards! Been focusing on coins for now though. Is there going to be Everyplay support? I thought there was in the beta, but I may be remembering wrong.

15. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    I got a score of 29k so far without using any cash o continue got my board upgraded to level 20 giving me 223% freestyle bonus.

16. MrGreed

Feb 2, 2012
    it's a crime how little attention this game is getting

awesome awesome game very addictive

unlocked the bear character working on getting 450k coins to get the final unlockable character aka miley cyrus

17. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    I agree this is a very fun game not getting as much attention as it should. I'm enjoying it, I went out and bought the special thing I think it was $4.99 and it gives you the UFO board you can level it up to a max of 320% coin bonus.

I have mines right now up to 275% coin bonus, going to max that out then max out my power ups.

18. MacDaddy

May 4, 2009
    Thanks for the kind words! :)

We will have a new update out SOON :D

19. MrGreed

Feb 2, 2012
    Came here to ask about an update and looks like you have already responded.

There is really so much more that can be added to this game:
    - new characters (i've unlocked all of them)
    - new locals or change of background when you get past certain checkpoints like in Jetpack Joyride
    - more generous powerup placements
    - less unfair placement of those floating satellite things, sometimes even a skilled player cant get past that
    - different or new powerups
    - more missions

Great job just hope you dont abandon this game or give pointless updates like Subway Surfers

Also curious to know, did the makers of Subway Surfers contact you or get mad at this game?

20. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I would pay "premium" for this. Just downloaded it. I've had two runs... already hooked.

Already mentioned... freemium stuff... just don't like all that hassle with it. Put out a version with a $4.99 w/o the freemium aspect, and take my money. lol

Just my second run: