New ipad game pad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by gfunk2k, Sep 20, 2012.

1. gfunk2k

gfunk2k Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Hi,

I updated to IOS6 yesterday on the new ipad and there is now support for a gamepad on Asphalt 7, anyone know what's going on? Is there finally a controller on the horizon for the ipad?

[​IMG]

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    What?!?!?

3. Janni

Janni Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    if thats an support screeny for a "offical" apple-joypad with 2 analog thumbsticks, i'm gonna pee in my pants immediately... if it's fake: then i'm gonna get you! ;)

4. gfunk2k

gfunk2k Member

Jul 15, 2009
    #4 gfunk2k, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
    Lol, I can asure you it's not fake.

I have twittered gameloft, asked the same question on their forum, googled it to death but nothing!!!

Look at asphelts 7 on the App Store, I'm sure it states there it supports duo gamepad at the bottom.

5. Janni

Janni Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    well, after some googeling, i'm off to get some fresh pants... there's even a forbes article about "apple patents dual-stick-style game controller"

merry christmas everyone...

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Wow. If this is true we will see amazing things. Wild blood just begs for a controller...

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Omfg!! Modern Combat series would be amazing with controller! CoD on iPod!!!

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Meh. I can't play shooters with a controller, it's just awful. PC>touch>controller. But hack n slash and beat me ups and racers would be great!

9. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    lol same but I kinda meant that people would take iOS gaming more seriously. I can't aim with a controller but the buttons are easier on it

10. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Facepalm.

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yep. I would be awesome if apple releases a controller. Probably $60 :rolleyes:

12. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Could it be for this:

[​IMG]

It's odd though. This screenshot only appears on Appshopper, not the actual iTunes App Web page.

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Then why is the pic in the game of an actual controller with buttons and such?

14. gfunk2k

gfunk2k Member

Jul 15, 2009
    And the fact that this is from an ipad not iPhone ;)

15. Janni

Janni Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    that "thing" is a tilt controller and for sure not the apple-patent from the forbes article...

16. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    And the tilt controller doesn't have any buttons it seems.

17. gfunk2k

gfunk2k Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Not had a reply from gameloft so still in the dark as to when/if this will be out ;(

18. c4r105

c4r105 Active Member

Apr 3, 2010
    IT
    UK
    When this A7 update first appeared on my phone it stated in the update description "supports duo gamepad". I googled this but found nothing. I still haven't updated A7 since I don't have the space on my phone. The next day this line was missing from the update description. I do hope its an official Apple controller, but it might just be a Gameloft controller they are testing and hoping to release.

19. Keithustus

Keithustus Member

Aug 28, 2012

Perhaps they're taking a step toward the perfect control scenario: a mouse in one hand and a half-gamepad with triggers, face buttons, and a stick in the other, with the iPad available for touch interaction. As a player of console, PC, and iOS games, it's hard to be fully satisfied with the control schemes in any of the three.

20. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Woah coming from Gameloft that's weird, can't wait to see what this is all about...