i just downloaded a game, it doesn't work on your iphone, what to do now?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sdmiracle, Jul 21, 2010.

1. sdmiracle

sdmiracle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    can i get a refund or should i try download it again? or notice the dev. to ask if there is a update?

2. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    Well I hope it wouldnt work on my iPhone since you bought it!

3. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Yes you can get a refund or email the developer. Since it is not compatible with your device, go to Account > Purchases > Find the Game > Click on the transaction > Click "Report Problem"

Then select "Is not Compatible with my device" - And explain your situation.

4. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    What game? Also what device do you have and what version software is installed?

Some games don't work on all devices, I think if you try to purchase a game through the App Store on your device it will actually tell you the game is not compatible basically preventing you from purchasing an App that won't work with your device however, if you purchase through the App Store on your computer there is no way to know. Some games require the 3rd Gen devices to run the software or they may have a update require such as the new 4.0 update.

5. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Just check your email later and you'll get a receipt from Apple with whatever you bought on it. Click on report a problem on the receipt and ask for a refund.

6. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Wait, everyone here is just assuming it isn't compatible first.

Check to make sure that the game can't run on your device before trying to go for a refund. Often times people complain that a game won't work on their device yet all they have to do is power off the device and start it back up to get it to work.

7. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Have a good cry.

8. sdmiracle

Jun 23, 2010
    it is dark void zero on 3g
    I checked before i buy the game and they didn't mention about anything about the compatibly in the store.

9. sdmiracle

Jun 23, 2010
    i did try that a few times already, now i am trying to delete it and download it again, i hope it works.

and i really don't see people complaining about this game isn't compatible, so i assume it is my problem.

10. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    Dark Void Zero works just fine on my iPhone 3G.

11. sdmiracle

Jun 23, 2010
    i just found out what the problem is:)

Originally i set my phone's language as Japanese (for fun lol)
    The game keep crashing at the begining

But just now i changed my phone's language back to English and it works fine:D
    i found this bug is a really stupid , how can i notice capcom to let them notice this problem?

12. Mr Jack

Mr Jack Well-Known Member

There should be a support e-mail on the iTunes page for the game, try writing to them there.

13. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Ask Apple for a refund.