Str8ts Lite not being downloaded? Help needed!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Syndicated Puzzles, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

Not quite sure why Str8ts Lite isn't being downloaded. Our paid versions seem to be more popular. The Str8ts lite version is a perfect opportunity to experience the puzzle that can compete with the depth and logic of Sudoku.

A huge favour! Download! Learn! Perfect! Spread the word!

The only chance Str8ts has to become a viable competitor to Sudoku is to make the public aware an alternative even exists. Str8ts has the simplicity and elegance needed to become a mass market rival.

Please download the free version and tell Sudoku fans that the next puzzle has arrived. It is time for a new puzzler to spark some excitement! We could really us the help!

Thanks in advance
    Jeff Widderich
    Syndicated Puzzles

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=326598845&mt=8

Attached Files:

2. epedemix

epedemix Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    The only reason people d/l the lite is to see if they like it enough to buy the full version. If your full version is selling pretty well, then I dont understand the issue?

3. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Like Alchemize Lite I'm not sure this is the best approach.

A lite has to reflect the real game. A simpler approach my be deceptive, I mean, it may lead the user to think e.g. Str8ts is too easy or something.

I'd add 6x6 to Str8ts full and create a lite with 8x8 and 6x6 samples.

4. Syndicated Puzzles

We are going to add five 9x9 games and a new category called asymmetrical Str8ts to the lite version when we update. The asymmetrical Str8ts are a great new addition. Quite a strange feeling when you play your first one. I have only played four of them and they are really good. We should have them ready to go shortly as an online player at www.str8ts.com

My real hope with this post was to spread the word about Str8ts. It wasn't necessarily about the fact that very few people are downloading the Lite version. The "resistance' to Str8ts has been unbelievable so with the addition of the game being available on the iPhone our hope was to finally spread the word.

Carlos the 6 x 6 is still one tough puzzle!

5. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  6. I've never play Str8ts nor the lite. Just reading the description is a big turn off to me. Most of my Japanese friends did like Suduko maybe 7 or 8 years ago but have since moved on too much better number logic games rather than symbol deductive thinking games like Sudoku is. Games like Hitaro, Nurikabe, Kakuro, Masyu, Fillomino, Akari, Slitherlink, Shikaku, Futoushiki and Hashi for instance.

I could be wrong (obviously) since I've never played lite version but basically I think straights could be played with symbols. If you have orange, apple, pear, banana, grape, peach, cherry, lemon, and a lime. Your saying those can't repeat in any column or row (like sudoku but not broken into sectors or whatever you call em) and you must have all those used at least once. Doesn't sound like that much of a variation to Suduko to me just has black squares thrown in and tad bit different rules.

I'm not saying it's a good game or bad game just trying to tell you why I've never been tempted to even try it that's all.

7. Syndicated Puzzles

#7 Syndicated Puzzles, Sep 26, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
    mrbass,

Your post is exactly the reason why I am asking you to try out Str8ts. It is a stand alone puzzle that has only one Sudoku rule. Other than the fact that no number may be repeated in a row or column everything else is a new experience. Str8ts has really very little to do with Sudoku and is a very enjoyable to unravel.

I am just asking people to try it out and to spread the word!

Str8ts really surprises people
    how you solve the puzzle only using logic.

8. Syndicated Puzzles

The non symmetrical Str8ts puzzles will be up on our website tomorrow. Give them a try at www.str8ts.com

9. Crypton

Crypton Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Germany
    @mrbass: Try out str8ts lite or the web-site. It's def. worth a try and different than Sudoku!