Ipad needs more RTS's

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Ipad Guy, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Ipad Guy

Ipad Guy New Member

Aug 14, 2010
    I think the Ipad needs more RTS's. Would be great if apple worked something out with blizzard to release the Warcraft and Starcraft games on the Ipad.

2. JazzFlight

JazzFlight Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    New York
    I just need Land Air Sea Warfare to come out with a universal update, and I'm good.

3. chips

chips Member

May 27, 2009
    What is all about this post? A new RTS, or a new Blizzard game? :confused:

Because a good RTS isn't something simple to be done, like a racing game or a shooter, and I'm not quite sure if there is room for this kind of game on iPad...

What do you think?

4. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Blizzard doesn't seem to be comfortable doing anything outside of the PC realm.

5. ManofAegis

ManofAegis Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    California, USA
    Yeah, they canceled Starcraft: Ghost, which was suppose to be on the xbox and PS2.

They're best at PC games. Can't imagine something like Warcraft II to eventually come to iPad... :( Same goes for like Age of Empires and stuff.

6. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    LASW. FTW. baby.

7. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    They're only best at PC games because that's all they do. Lost Vikings is too early in their career to judge their capability to produce a good non-PC title and RTSs on anything but a touchscreen fail if they aren't on a PC regardless of developer and publisher.

Also since the Galaxy Editor for SCII provides you the tools to create a full-on FPS, I wouldn't be surprised to see a heavily supported fan-made SC:G custom "map".