Best Non-Random Based Puzzler?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by LadiesMan217, Jul 7, 2009.

1. LadiesMan217

LadiesMan217 Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Slingin Dat Green
    The D
    I had to make the thread title not absurdly long, obviously. So, I'll explain what I mean. Is there a puzzler out there that isn't so much based on random pieces, points, actions etc. that relies on player interaction to move the game forward?

Games I'm NOT looking for would be stuff like Bejeweled or regular Tetris. Stuff I'm looking for would be close to Bust a Move. I love moving blocks around and getting rid of pieces but I just don't like when your options are limited and the outcomes of those actions seem random.

I understand this is kind of a vague question. But maybe somebody out there knows what I'm talking about and can point me in the right direction.

2. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Co-owner and CTO at Color Monkey
    Sweden
    #2 Anders, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
    Not sure, but I think Azkend (full, lite) is something you are looking for, and fun too!

(no, not the dev of that one)

3. LadiesMan217

LadiesMan217 Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Slingin Dat Green
    The D
    Thanks. Good suggestion. Checked it out. It's pretty fun game.

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Tanzen and Zentomino. The dev makes all the puzzles himself. No randomness, just intelligence and a little visualization.

5. Perfect Balance: Harmony and Inferno. Pure human interaction with the whole-grain goodness of physics and no randomness at all. Lots of levels too. (90 in Harmony and 120 in Inferno)

6. ian1969uk

ian1969uk Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    This is about the closest thing the app store has to Bust a Move.

Bargain now at 59p/99c.

7. LadiesMan217

LadiesMan217 Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Slingin Dat Green
    The D
    Thanks, everyone, for all these suggestions. Will try to check these out shortly!