Universal Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign (by D3PA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Exact-Psience, Aug 30, 2013.

1. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Well the developers ruined this game: Thor is nerfed to the point of being a terrible character now, the boosts now cost HP or twice as much ISO, the rewards have all been decreased, the PVE enemies are all increased in level making it so hard defeat them without boosts. It's one big money hungry iap app now. Shame

2. alewian

alewian Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Spain
    so few slots

i really love the game but i think i am doing something wrong. i have unlocked 9 slots for heroes remaking hero points missions. however i am overwhelmed by covers (i can barely reclaim them before expiring) and i can not even spend my 22 hero tickets due to the lack of space. any advice? perhaps some heroes do not worth keeping?

3. Dragon Army

Dragon Army Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2014
    game developer
    Atlanta, GA
    I've gotten sucked back into this one recently - playing it more than I did in the past. Ran into similar issues on the heroes. I had to simply accept that I needed to cycle through the heroes which means deleting some. I have core characters that I like using and if the new ones I find don't complement them, then I just sell them.

4. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Join my clan : toucharcade

enjoying the new update!!
    This game just keeps on growing.

5. alewian

alewian Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Spain
    i have just joined

6. Dragon Army

Dragon Army Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2014
    game developer
    Atlanta, GA
    several of us here at the office have been a bit addicted to this one lately. we have our own alliance if anyone wants to join up with the army! search "DragonArmy" :cool:

7. DeNappa

DeNappa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Netherlands
    So what's wrong with their forums? I've signed up days ago but the activation email never got sent. Even re-requested the activation code a few times. No cigar.

8. DarknessFell

DarknessFell Active Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Sorry to bump the thread :) anyway to get unbanned in this game?

9. iRyan22

iRyan22 New Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Loving this game so far. I just joined the alliance.

10. GnapNehpets

GnapNehpets Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Need more members in my alliance. CupOfTea4Me join and let's gets some good covers

11. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Surprised this thread is so dead...

Any TA'ers still playing MPQ?

DBC

12. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I play daily. There's not much to talk about though.

13. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    lol :)

Decent alliance? Where in the transition are you (1*, 2*, 3-4*)? How's your PvE scaling? ;)

DBC

14. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    I jump around from alliance to alliance if they're not active enough in events. I haven't stayed with any for a decent amount of time.

I have no idea what Transition is and I don't understand what PVE Scaling means....

15. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Ah, got it.

I'm in a T100 "casual" alliance, transition is going from 1 to 2 to 3/4 star characters, and the PVE scaling was more of a joke. If you've ever noticed being seemingly outmatched by a fight in competitive PVE, that's community scaling hard at work...

DBC

16. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    #276 andysmash, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
    Weird to call it a transition. You can't move the characters from one tier to the next, so why use that word?
    I've got my team of 1-2 star for the Deadpool Daily, and everyone else is 3-4. I have 16 heroes.

I just googled. Holy crap, people talk/think about this game WAY more than I thought it was worth. I still don't understand this transition thing though. Like, I open a cover, I get a 4* character. Cool. How is this a transition? Is there some mechanic I don't know about? I got all of my 3-4 star covers just by playing and getting rewards. How are people making a choice to "transition out of 2*" or whatever.

17. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Oooh boy, is that not a short conversation.

Put in as few words as possible, the idea is that 1s get you (most efficiently) to 2s which get you (most efficiently)to 3s, with 4s being largely a PvP goal.

The idea of transitioning is important because if you over-level things you ultimately hamstring yourself (ie: leveling one 3* over 94, which resets ALL of your scaling). Playing as a 1* player scales your game for PvE, etc. Playing as a level 94 2* is different, and the scaling reflects this. Anything over 94 (3*s up) puts you in a higher level group, hence even higher scaling.

Yeah, there's quite a bit to it. lol

DBC

18. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    OK. I think I understand this concept now. See, I was just playing and had no clue how any of this works. I had basically all 1-2 star, and then randomly, I got a 4 star Nick Fury, twice. I had him at a very high level, but his moveset was awful. It was some trap move where the opponent had to match my tile in order to do damage. It was worthless. And when I tried to do the PVP, I never had opponents my level and got stomped constantly. I delete for a few months and came back for the Ultron event. I did a Deadpool Daily and right away got an awesome 3 star Patch Wolverine. I trashed the Nick Fury to open up space for him, since he was never any good, and suddenly I was able to compete again. Everyone is below level 60, and I'm facing enemies I can actually go against in PVP.

This is crazy. They should make this stuff mroe obvious to users! If I had known what was up I would've trashed Fury a long time ago and kept playing.

19. bhornburg

bhornburg Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Thanks drummer Andy for the conversation, I still play this fairly often and would like to be better in top pvp play. Need a better alliance though, was in a decent one but I stopped playing for a couple of months and they dropped me. Now I'm in just a casual one just to get to get the base rewards from being in one.

20. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    If you're still around, D3 has got their own forum, if you can stomach the forced "everything is fine" vibe, and their alliance thread gets plenty of traffic...

DBC