Universal Dragon Hills 2 (By Rebel Twins)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Don't know about this. Same game, same traps, new setting. New bosses, harder to play. Same graphics. Looks like renewed first part

2. #Bonk3rZ

#Bonk3rZ Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    #22 #Bonk3rZ, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Well, that's why it's Dragon Hills 2, and not insert completely new titel here I guess. Anyway, I just had a little conversation with a fellow forum member, and I told him that I didn't even like the first, but love this one. Of course he asked why, and this is what I answered: The gameplay feels way more fluent to me. In the first one I always bumped in those stupid red iron walls. Or I died in what was it lava? placed so stupidly there was no way to escape. Of course there are (deadly) obstacles and acid this time in this one as well, but the design is way better. This time it's up to me. AND there is much more action. And so on. Since lots of ppl loved the first one it might just be me, but I was literally unable to play the first. While I am having a blast with this one. Hope that helps.

Hope that helps.

3. APPSER

APPSER Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Male
  4. rebel twins

rebel twins Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Helpful tips:

- Upgrade your vitality and drilling skill to defeat Mega Boss.

- Invest your coins into the guns as those are very helpful to defeat bosses.

- Try to smash windows, those with lights on, sometimes there are money safes out there and you can earn extra coins

- Upgrade speed boost to fill out the blue bar quicker and get Speed Boost during the game - it makes you super fast and immortal for a while.

- if you hate those zombies shooting at you constantly - try bubble hurricane - it traps your enemies, and they look very cute in the bubbles. It's easy to get rid of them then.

Have fun and find your own strategy :)

5. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Í Never knowingly encountered the first Dragon Hills, and only found this by rootling through the end of this week's new release list looking at all premium titles. (Which I do every week. Sadly, it doesn't take long!)

This is absolutely tremendous. IMO. Fantastic, responsive controls; great upgrade trees / options; fully premium. Tonnes of lovely details, varied bosses, and a wide range of unexpected encounters / bonuses.

I wouldn't mind a bit more information on some things - what *is* a perfect jump? And what does upgrading things do? I see an "information" icon on price buttons, but they just purchase. And tbh idk what drill skill (or whatever it's called) is, am yet to grasp the utility of speed burst, and dnk if upgrading crates does more than increase rhe frequency of item drops (this is definitely the most noticeable impact).

I can't say this is a problem for enjoyment, it's just a bit puzzling.

Game of the week for me, comfortably. Honestly, screw Talos. Bought it (Talos, that is) but found it far too slow / pretentious to grip me at first bite.

6. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Bought this game. I have all games from the dev.

Hope is better than first! Maybe at level of aliens drive me crazy

7. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    So:
    Re-tried first one before playing this.
    Improvements in every aspect, levels everytime different, with weapons, very much variety (more like aliens drive me crazy), everything is better EXPECIALLY lava doesn't mean INSTADEATH like the first one. Probably this is the worst problem of the first chapter.

Glad to have paid for a premium experience. This is a great game.

8. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Like all of their other games, DH2 delivers fantastic arcade action. I love it!

9. Rosso

Rosso Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Congrats to the Rebel Twins! Great one! Perfect sequel.

10. #Bonk3rZ

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    Game is not featured in Germany at the moment. And seeing what games actually are featured makes me feel sad ... :(

I of course already left a five star review, but not being mentioned in the new games section is a tough challenge. Hope it's not everywhere like this ... ?

I'm sure a lot of work and love went into this little gem, and seriously man, I do hope this will pay out. Good luck!

11. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    I think I called something else game of the week, but I spoke too soon. I just finished my first couple of hours with this, and my vote has to go here. That is, if I had any say in the matter. #
    Anyway, this is gold.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Probably is, but since you've got it on your device you won't see it under Best New Games (or whatever it's called on iOS 11).

13. #Bonk3rZ

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    I'm still on ios 10, but you are right anyway. Just tested it with another game. I never even heard of this feature! That's a lil' bit embarrassing right now ... :rolleyes: :)

Anyway, glad there's still a chance for the game to get more attention.

14. #Bonk3rZ

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    Hello Planet Z! :D

(And man is this cool!)

15. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I think that this could be goty nominee

16. cadaei

cadaei Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

I'm on level 2, is there a way go back and play level 1?
    Maybe I am not quite understanding the level.

Really fun game!

17. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    As someone who got burnt out on deathworn and the other one like it (forget name), is there any major differences gameplay wise in this?

18. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Yes, you can. When on the screen where you choose your powerups, tap on the far right icon to choose your level.

19. cadaei

cadaei Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

#39 cadaei, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    So I unlocked the Predator of the Sky dragon. But aside from now having less coins what does it do? I thought I would get to ride that one?

Figured it out, it's a power up like the other stuff.

20. zem123

zem123 Member

Oct 10, 2017
    love this game
    :)