Tower Defense: Lost Earth strategies

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by zatos, Jun 3, 2011.

1. zatos

zatos Active Member

Mar 8, 2010
    #1 zatos, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
    I'm stuck on level C4 Slate. Anybody have any tips? I've tried a number of strategies and always get swarmed on wave 16.

Anyone feel free to discuss any other level strategies for the game as well.

2. kyletrail

kyletrail Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Stay at home dad.
    Kansas City, MO area
    With ya

I've been stuck on this one for awhile and tried a lot of different strategies myself. Any help is greatly appreciated. :mad:

3. zatos

zatos Active Member

Mar 8, 2010
    #3 zatos, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
    On c4 - you do need to make sure you get all the resources - which you probably did. I can get all of them by building the long distance tower in the left hand side near the base. I have managed to beat wave 16 by using the bomber special weapon. But then they get me on wave 20. :(

4. Ohden

Ohden Well-Known Member

May 10, 2011
    Coincidentally, C4 was the level that I had just unlocked, but had not tried yet when I saw this thread today. I'll pass on what worked for me. Took three for four tries to get past this one.

First couple tries I couldn't get past wave 12. Then I placed a laser, the one that shoots through enemies, near the southeast corner of the map, so it lines up to shoot the enemies as they run due south toward it. I think I also had about four slowing towers.

It was a close call because I only had three lives to spare, and I am positive I would have failed without using the bomber special on wave 20. I gathered all resources along the bottom of the screen, but ignored the lone up about middle of the map.

I'm liking this TD game, it's challenging for me even on the default easy setting. This C4 slate was about the third level that I had to try multiple times to find a mix of units and strategy that works, but that's one of the good things about it. Good challenge w/ out being frustrating (so far anyway).

Hopefully you can glean something useful out of my rambling...
    :)

5. kyletrail

kyletrail Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Stay at home dad.
    Kansas City, MO area
    #5 kyletrail, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
    Thankee Sai!

Ohden,

Seriously, you don't know how much of my sanity you just saved me. Two tries (after who knows how many) to pass this level after reading your tips and Boom! I passed her. I have been stuck on this level a few days now and been pulling my hair out.

I put a laser cannon in your suggested spot and one in the top right corner as well. After upgrading the top cannon and placing various slowing towers, it came pretty easily.

Thanks man!:D

I also agree this game is pretty great. I love TD games, but this one takes the cake so far.

6. zatos

zatos Active Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Yes... I had thought with such tight resources on the level that a laser cannon would be too expensive. But I tried it and success! Thank you!

I also surprised myself in that I finished with all 8 lives!

7. zatos

zatos Active Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Eh, now I'm stuck on Apollo, but hopefully I'll figure something out soon.

8. Ohden

Ohden Well-Known Member

May 10, 2011
    I haven't made it that far yet- not been able to play as much as I'd like lately.

Glad you made it through that other level. It does seem like some levels have limited solutions.

Seems like most other TD games I've played have been a little more forgiving in regards to which towers I've chosen.

9. zatos

zatos Active Member

Mar 8, 2010
    I like trying to figure out some strategy... for me I find too many tower defense games to be way too hard or too easy. I like being able to beat some, or maybe figuring it out after a couple tries... trying to think up some better strategy. Especially in these sorts of tower defense games - I'm not sure if they have been branded yet - I will call it "line" tower defense. Versus those where you can force enemies to go around your towers to create paths.

As far as Apollo goes - if anyone is stuck - I found a strategy that works. Build a couple cannons at the very top of the first line where the enemies come - one on each side but not directly above it. On the sides in that very first section, build up a bunch of splash missile towers. Try to max out each one before building a new one. You can build up a 2x3 group on each side, for a total of 12 splash towers. At some point inbetween try to build two laser towers directly above that first line so they will shoot all enemies coming. Continue to build more splash towers. Continue to build another 2x3 group on the left most side of the path before it starts going back to the right. I found that the strategy of the 2x3 groups in this level is very good because it will help you focus your firepower so that the healing enemies will get taken out as soon as possible. I didn't even need to build any towers on the other side of the level because these managed to take them all out. I borrowed this strategy from a search I did on Google.

10. zatos

zatos Active Member

Mar 8, 2010
    #10 zatos, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
    Ugh, Dark Pool is looking to be a nasty one.

EDIT: Actually it ended up not being as bad as I thought. Splash towers FTW.

I do think Nailed E5 is going to trip me up for a while, if anyone has any strategies for it. The bad part is when the squids start coming and freezing all the towers.

11. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Well, I'm stuck on D4 The Atrium. Does anyone have any tips or help for this stage? Thank You.

12. shlomo

shlomo New Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Level E7 (black sand) is impossible to win! Anybody got to win this level? What's the strategy?

Thanks!

13. zatos

zatos Active Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Ok I beat E5 Nailed... if anyone needs help with that let me know. Stuck on Black Sand also. So far I've found a cannon in the corners where the lanes merge, with a splash tower right behind it works pretty good. Except I get slaughtered when those crawlers come that have the 3 small enemies inside them. I'm thinking lasers might be a good strategy to have them in front, but haven't tried it yet.

As far as D4 Atrium goes... I'm pretty sure I beat this one by mostly putting cannons in the middle and splash towers in the bottom corners. Unfortunately the level layout pretty much prevents an effective laser tower placement. Near the end a couple rockets aren't a bad idea to beat the tough guys on the last wave. Let us know if that doesn't work, hopefully someone can post a better strategy.

14. zatos

zatos Active Member

Mar 8, 2010
    #14 zatos, Jun 9, 2011
    Alright, Black Sands... beat it. Putting a cannon in the bottom right corners where the paths merge with a splash tower behind it (to the left) works great. Build three sets for each path to start.

At this point I built a generator with the remaining amount... and I found that these towers were good enough to hold off the enemies long enough for me to build all the generators. At this point resources will start raking in. I built a laser above each cannon. Then I built a bunch of splash cannons to the left of the previous ones.

Make sure on the very bottom to put a splash tower or two there where the bottom paths merge. I noticed the towers in the bottom section in between the two paths like to shoot up sometimes, which caused me to fail because they let enemies through. Putting some splash towers on the very bottom will help alleviate that.

Pretty much other than the cannon and laser towers, just a bunch of splash towers.

I did build a scout tower on the top to take out all the resource things, other than the two at the bottom. However, I don't know that it is really necessary and the gain probably doesn't outweigh the price. If you wait until the splash towers start getting back farther you'll be able to take em out then.

Now on to the final level...

15. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Thanks for your help zatos but it didn't work for me, I might need a more detailed strategy. This stage has got me feeling like an idiot. Thanks again for your help zatos, if you have a more detailed plan as to how you beat that stage I would be extremely appreciative. :D

16. zatos

zatos Active Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Hmmm, IIRC, I believe I did place in a bunch of slow towers, some before the splash towers and a line of them going up across from the cannons. The slow towers seemed to be an effective strategy until getting to the later levels, which you will soon discover!

Also, if anyone has any tips for E8 Raven. Looking to be a serious pain. Resources are very limited, and to get to the boss you have to use scout towers which take FOREVER. But it is the end level, if it was easy... well it wouldn't be a very good final level!

17. zatos

zatos Active Member

Mar 8, 2010
    #17 zatos, Jun 9, 2011
    Ok, I played the level again. I found that if you don't utilize the middle strip first, you will be in trouble. I built a cannon at the bottom of the middle strip and maxed it out first. I think after that I built one generator, then built another cannon above the first one and maxed it out. At some point after that you should be able to squeeze in the other two generators. Keep building cannons in the middle, maxing out each one before building a new one. When the middle strip is full, start building splash towers in the bottom corner on the left side. Try and max em out before building a new one. You might want to put another cannon or splash tower on the bottom right corner. I didn't use anything else. On the last wave you can use the bomber special to help take down the big guys. I don't know if it was necessary, but why not use it.

My towers were: 3 splash towers in the bottom left corner in a backwards 'L' (not fully maxed on all of them), full maxed cannons on the middle strip, one level 2 splash tower in the bottom right corner.

Hopefully you're playing on easy, otherwise I don't know if this strategy will work.

18. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #18 ojtitus, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
    That strategy worked, Thank You! I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out. :) I guess since com2us trade marked the name tower defense that means zatos is the master of tower defense. ;) Thanks agains.

19. zatos

zatos Active Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Lol, I'm not really that good at tower defense games... but I really have enjoyed this one. I do think it's pretty stupid that they trademarked it, it's kind of like trademarking "RPG". But I'm okay with it unless they start suing people.

I have really enjoyed this game so far, one of my favorite tower defense games. Everything seems well put together, clean graphics. I like figuring out strategy, I'm sure there will be a lot more of that on harder difficulties. Some of these seem like they would be impossible on anything other than easy!

20. keniadep

keniadep Member

Dec 27, 2010
    #20 keniadep, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
    Also stuck in final stage (Raven). I get done in when the purple aliens come and start disabling my towers when they explode. I tried to put several towers well apart but this meant wasting a lot of resources buying new towers instead of upgrading existing ones, and that obviously didn't work well against tougher enemies.

I was thinking that maybe there's a particular tower placing strategy to adopt in order to have the enemies take a long winding path in the bottom area. Or maybe one should aim to quickly destroy the obstacles surrounding the boss in order to obtain much-needed extra cash. Insight?

Incidentally, I play in "Normal" mode