iPhone Vendetta Online by Guild Software, Inc.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 17, 2013.

1. luckycharmz75

luckycharmz75 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    The official site may say ipad2. The iTunes Store does not. It says ipad.

2. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Twitch based gaming with ios vs pc gaming...should go as well as FPS games that tried to be console vs pc...I'll still pick it up for a buck next week.

3. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Heh, yes, VO is still fighting that moniker. It was actually in development back before EVE as revealed to the world (before 2003), and for all our nosiness and digging, we've never been able to find any hidden connection between the VO team and CCP ;)

In a way, it applies. But (as a fan of both EVE and VO) I'd say that Vendetta Online is much more personal, of a considerably smaller scale (for brilliantly good and limitingly bad), and in some ways actually far more hardcore than EVE (see previous parenthesis).

You're kinda starting off the deep end of MMOs... and that's great! Chances are, you will not be comfortable with the mainstream MMO paradigm after this, should VO be to your liking :)

Im actually getting myself pumped to get back into VO :) Sadly, from what I've understood, the iPhone port is ways away, if it will ever be realized.

(By the wayward way, I was so looking forward to Dust 514, to the point of enthusiastingly reading the beta review and realizing it is console only...)

4. Cg2005

Cg2005 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    DC
    No auto-rotate is kind of annoying, but the game runs great on my iPad Mini.

5. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    If this game's depth and complexity is anywhere near what eve online is like in the following graph, I'm sold. I don't need cookie cutter mmo's, when I'm in the mood for cookie cutter I go WoW. I love eve online, I'm sure I'll love vendetta too :)

[​IMG]

6. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    This just made my day. Hahahahaha

7. FutureMan

FutureMan Active Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Chicago
    I guess the million dollar question is, what does a LITE subscription entail?

8. Cg2005

Cg2005 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    DC
    #28 Cg2005, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
    I go to log in and cannot connect anymore. The progress bar gets half-way and just stalls (I left it sitting for over 20 minutes). I have deleted and re-installed, yet I am experiencing the same problem. Also, with the IAP: I purchased the $5 6-month package and I am receiving an error message every time I select it saying that the purchase "has been aborted" even though I already bought it. Perhaps their servers are just bogged down from launch day? :confused:

9. pope22

pope22 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2008
    I also bought on a 1st gen iPad based off the iTunes comparability description. I am also having crash after the "presents..." screen. If the games official site listed a different compatability listing then I'm feeling like I just tossed a dollar down the toilet. Not the end of the world, but sorta like when you don't get your Coke after you put a dollar in the machine, except shaking my iPad won't fix this problem.

10. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    I'm bummed this is iPad only. I have an iPad but I never carry it with me out of the house. So most of my gaming is primarily on my iPhone 5. This would be so epic to have in my pocket. Fingers crossed they work on releasing an iPhone version.

11. nestor

nestor Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I'm right there with you. If they release it for iPhone I will definitely check it out.

12. q8719

q8719 Active Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Disabled
    Indiana USA
    I'll buy it once its out for iPhone.

13. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    What are you giving up if you are paying $1 a month versus $10 a month? The web site barely makes any mention of any of this...

14. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    That initial load up is massive!!

15. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I would like to know this as well.

I'll bite for a buck, but I think the possibility that it's going to be too complex will kill it for me.

16. Morgan01

Morgan01 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    USA
    Release for PC in 2004 and out for IOS 9 years later. A monthly fee of $10, which is not mention anywhere in the App Store (deceitful). $10 a month for a 9 year old MMO, I'll pass.

17. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    I'll jump on this £10 a month bandwagon as well. I don't mind paying a subscription fee, happy to pay monthly, if the game was outstanding then I may even pay a tenner a month.... in fact no, I wouldn't but that is just personal choice, either way I'm not loving the fact there are levels of pay, just seems a bit off. Ok have free to play and then extra stuff for subscription people, but not levels of paying, if you pay a subscription you should get the lot.

Second point is they advertise it is all skill based and nothing you buy effects the "twitch" nature of the combat. If so...what exactly do you gain by levelling up? I don't see any real point in it if a lvl 1 ship is the same power as a level 50, that's just not enough carrot for me to be honest.

18. Mitah

Mitah New Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Dont remember where i found it, but with 1$ sub you can only get to license 3/3/3/3 which limit what ships and weapons you can use. BUT it is possible to get illegal ships/weapons on blackmarket or from outer sectors.
    This may not be 100% accurate since I dont remember all, but Im not far away :)

19. Hex Blade

Hex Blade Well-Known Member

May 11, 2012
    I think ill wait for it to go free to play with added in-app purchases like Order & Chaos did. Until then, I'll stick with Galaxy on Fire 2. Even if it never becomes subscription free, I won't be too bothered as it looks and plays just like GoF2 except the online play which I'm not bothered about.