Strange RPG request - (Need suggestions!!)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Spiral75, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

okay SO. I am looking for an RPG. I have tried hundreds. Here is the thing....I play on an iPad Mini Retina. I want something similar to a Zenoia or a Inotia (as opposed to the Aralon type games) BUT, I want something with larger character models and a more hi rez look. So basically a modern looking final fantasy type game. Any suggestions?

2. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Have you tried any of the Kemco titles such as Asdivine Hearts? That one made Shaun's best of 2014 list on the front page.

3. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

Ya i just deleted it lol. Wasnt bad but i am looking for more of an HD / modern look to an old school type RPG

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Your descriptions confuse me. Similar to Zenonia or Inotia, like a modern final fantasy type game?

Anyways have you tried Chaos Rings titles? These are similar to Final Fantasy titles, and the visuals are more akin to Final Fantasy 8.

As for KRPGs (similar to Zenonia and Inotia), i've pretty much lost hope in them coz every title released now is just crappy freemium that requires IAP to move forward. And i dont think i've seen any new ones with high-style graphics as most are pixel art or something retro.

5. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet

Same. But have you tried the world II Hunting boss? It's looks good and you just hack and slash big bosses all day like Zenonia minus the grinding

6. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    How about the Across Age games?

7. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Chaos Rings has to be your best option for the time being if you want a Final Fantasy style game with modern graphics. But you also mentioned Zenonia and Inotia where you play a single character and games like that nowadays are all freemium and require internet.

What do you think of that game on the front page Jared posted? Taichi Panda seems to fit your visual requirements but I highly doubt it'll have an FF or even Kemco level of story.

As Shaun suggested, Across Age is also pretty decent following the gameplay of Zenonia. That's unless it's already one of the hundreds of games you've tried. ;)

Personally, all I'm really waiting for is this:

8. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #8 undeadcow, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    Mage Guantlet
    Wayward Souls
    Aurumn Blade
    SOL: Stone of Life