iOS MMORPG

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by deano13, Jan 26, 2016.

1. deano13

deano13 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    England
    Does anyone know of any upcoming new MMO's? Iv played

o&c
    o&c redemption
    Celtic heroes
    Arcane/Pocket legends

Also afew arpg games

Kings road
    Dungeon hunters

But they all just bore me now and I can't commit to longer then 20mins if that before I close them.

2. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Albion Online is the only one which comes to my mind. It's still another half a year in developement and I dont even know if it will be as good as advertised years ago since they decided to change cruical parts of the game over and over again.

3. deano13

Mar 21, 2015
    England
    Albion also has never been tested on an iOS device....

Such a shame all these other mmos are ruined by money hungry firms.....

I see no upcoming plans for a new mmo to hit the mobile scene :(

4. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    I'm in the same boat as you. But I don't necessarily get bored, just overwhelmed at how much micromanagement I have to do if I want to play those games.

I was thinking of investing some money into Order and Chaos 2 until I saw someone had calculated that the top VIP players had to pay something like $5000 to access that area, and then I remembered how WoW players who have been playing since beta had spent less than half of that for their entire WoW careers. Of course people can buy whatever they want however they want (I mean, I've been to enough estate sales where somebody will buy a hairpin for $750), but it just turns me off that companies would have so many more $$$ in their heads than ideas for quality experiences for their customers. And O&C seems to have a split personality where the writers and artists are absolutely great but seem to have no relationship with the other teams.

The other MMOs you mention all seem to fall under or around the same criticisms. I think currently the best online experiences for iOS tend to be the quasi online/single player RPGs where you can play by yourself or play with others, if you desire. Those seem to have the best balance.

I will say that Forsaken World and Age of Wushu are both very well done mobile experiences, even if they both use the horrible horrible autoplay feature (or ProgressQuest-style gameplay). They both give you the experience of a much larger world without the burden or games like O&C, Izanagi, Toram, or others designed similarly (where inventory management is actually much more involved and expensive than you would imagine a RPG should be).

5. socalledsin

socalledsin Well-Known Member

Same boat here also. Was enjoying OAC2 until the latest update. The new card system and companion pets are giant money sinks, and the crashing is just icing on the cake. I jump in the original OAC to scratch the wow healing itch, but its not aging well and feels clunky. May give forsaken world or wushu a run. So many good single player games, but i just want a decent mmo on ios.

6. deano13

Mar 21, 2015
    England
    I found forsaken world mobile to baisic, there's no skill needed, mobs are just stuck untill you attack them, I like the free roaming mobs like wow, o&c etc. Can't stand the fixed casting PvE, PvP playstyle. So forsaken world got deleted :/

7. craigwilliams

craigwilliams New Member

Feb 20, 2016
    Business
    london
    I do.

ya i do.. buddy. i am also on the same boat in which u r.