Universal Mini Motor Racing (By The Binary Mill)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by D3adly, Dec 7, 2011.

1. smj

smj Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Can you buy all the cars without iap or grinding races hundreds of times in this game?

2. podzilla

podzilla Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    I guess it depends, but I would say no, in my case. I fully upgraded my Racer and the Fruit Ninja buggy (I unlocked the Buggy after completed the Fruit Ninja circuit), and upgrading gets pricey if you're maxing out your car. Perhaps, I could have completed all of the course and without maxing out my upgrades and I could have earned enough to buy all the vehicles. But as it stands, I've unlocked 3 cars and purchased one with credits earned from racing. You can choose between 4 (I believe) cars from the get go.

With all that said it doesn't seem as if any of the IAP cars offer any crazy advantage over the "free" cars, especially once you get the Fruit Ninja buggy.

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I had to remove it cause of space problems and I had RR2, but after the update comes out, I'll definitely get it back!

4. farjo08

farjo08 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Since I got my iPad, I decided to pick up the HD version of the game. I did not see a thread in the iPad section, but doing a search here, seems like a few others encountered the same, so thought I'd post here.

I finished the game, getting golds in all of the cups. But there are a few achievements that did not unlock for me.

Specifically:

First! - Finish First In Any Race
    Collector - Purchase / Unlock every care in the game
    Tourer - Race in any multiplayer match-up
    Pwned! - Come first in any multiplayer match-up

Also it looks like there are 4 hidden achievements.

First, has anyone been able to unlock the 4 above achievements or are these still issues? Again, I played the game on iPad, but it looks like others back in December had the same issue on the iPhone.

Also, anyone know what any of the 4 hidden achievements might be?

Of course since I got gold in all career races, I did finish first in every race. Also I did play multi-player with a friend who has the iPhone version (through Wi-Fi) we both won a couple races each, but neither of us got any of the multiplayer achievements. Also I did purchase/unlock all of the cars, even upgraded them all.

5. smj

smj Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    So you can gain all cars reasonably without iap?

6. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    tehre are like 24 cups to complete...

i completed 12 cups and had enough money to max out my car... at the cups i was racing at, i won $600+ per race.... later races give you a LOT more....

so yeah, while not early, you can get all the cars if u decide to buy them...

7. murph

murph Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    NYC
    please include ipod music support in the next update. really annoying that even if i manually restart music (by pressing play on BT headphones) the game turns it back off after every race.

8. dexx0008

dexx0008 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    after completing this will all golds i was dissapointed that the last car you unlocked the deloreon that it didn't have better specs than it did. some of the free cars when maxed out are much better. I was expecting to get something that was really quick. I can't wait for the upgrade. I actually picked it up for the ipad to play on there as well as my iphone. I don't even have an ipad yet, will be pre-ordering if we can tomorrow.

9. fenderbendr

fenderbendr Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    When will the update be here?

10. johnn34

johnn34 New Member

Apr 3, 2012
    MMR is really very nice racing game. My little brother watched this game and got good experience from it and today he is a fast racing driver due to MMR.

11. GameOrama

GameOrama Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Wow, this game looks amazing :)

12. TheBinaryMill

TheBinaryMill Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

A note to let you all know that MMR 1.5 has been submitted to Apple. We'll be sure to announce the release date soon. In the meantime, here's a couple of shots to tide you over!

[​IMG]
    All new Downtown

[​IMG]
    Remastered Grand Prix Night

For those who missed it, here are the release notes for 1.5:

• Full online multiplayer (including 3G support!) - play against random opponents or invite up to four friends via Game Centre!
    • A whole new Bonus Championship - hours of new content featuring 4 all new tracks with day/night/reverse, various weather effects & new themed music
    • Several new cars to win, earn & upgrade, all with multiple liveries/skins, unique stats and style
    • Several newly remastered tracks
    • Enhanced specular shaders on all cars for all devices
    • Support to play your own music while racing
    • Shake to Nitro feature added
    • Retina support for the new iPad
    • Many more fixes, tweaks & polish making for the biggest update ever!

- Ingmar

13. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Does this have stick controls?

14. Manu3008

Manu3008 Active Member

Apr 10, 2012
    I didn't buy this game because it didn't have online guess that excuse is out the window :D ... Buying tonight or tomorrow if anyone wants to play this add me on gamecenter manu-3008

15. myco

myco Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Student
    United States
    :O super excited

16. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Online multiplayer and more is now out in the update! Sweet.

17. Cowboyman381

Cowboyman381 Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Southern US
    What a fantastic looking update !

Downloading now !

18. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    When I can get to my iPod, I'll definitely snag the update immediately.

19. helriser

helriser Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Thank you devs for the update. However I can't help to feel that the multiplayer side of it feels like an after thought. It's always 2 people, never 4. Most of the time laggy and why is it that one person chooses the map plus game type while every one else just sit back and wait?

While I love this game as a whole, so far the multiplayer sucks!
    Nothing like I was expecting!

Disappointed!

20. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    You're judging it too early. The update just came out today. Give it some time...