Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Omega-F, Jan 19, 2011.

1. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Luigi's Mansion may be a reason to pick up an XL to go along with our standard one. So we can play co-op, and so I can play on an XL. :)

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I said f*ck it.

[​IMG]

3. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    Has anyone for a DStwo card? I picked one up the other day, I've always had a cyclods card which played just ds roms, I upgraded to the ds2 because it offered GBA, and snes emu too, but to my surprise not only does it offer snes, gba and ds emulation, it also lets you play gb,gbc, nes, sega master and sega gen, commodore, mame and dos. I'm seriously having a field day playing all these oldskool games, I actually still have the cartridge to many of the games but not the console. I'm seriously in awe and in love, I'm not like a spam bot for the company or anything I genuinely LOVE this beautiful little card that has brought me so much joy! It works with 3ds too, but I've been using it with my DS.

4. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Yeah, the DStwo is the best card out in my opinion.

I don't use the emulators much, but I did try Golden Sun GBA on my 3DS, wow it looked so crisp. I was surprised.

5. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    I'm not a huge fan of the snes emu but yeah the gba and gbc are so fluently amazing.
    I can't express enough how good that thing is.. I want to frolick around screaming out its name.
    You should really try out more emulators.. I'm using lameboy for the gbc emu and its so brilliant. So many settings too. Have you played the wario series? I highly reccommend it. I'm almost through with iOS gaming in comparison to the awesomeness of warioland.
    And freshly pickled tingles rosy rupeeland is truly brilliant and a hidden gem. A bizarrely insane hidden gem.

6. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Fire Emblem comes out today! :D

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Some 3DS news:

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, a new Mario vs. Donkey Kong, and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS.

Mario Golf too.

Not bad.

8. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Heads up- Best Buy (US) has Pokemon Black/White 2, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Professor Layton: Miracle Mask on sale for $15, and Paper Mario: Sticker Star on sale for $20. Dunno how long it will last- likely that it's for a president's day sale. Crazy good prices for Nintendo games- they rarely go on sale that fast.

9. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I haven't gotten that far yet, but Paper Mario Sticker Star is great. Some people don't like the sticker system, but I do. It avoids all the grinding that is typically needed in RPGs. Definitely worth $20!

10. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    Nintendo really screwed up with the launch of Fire Emblem: Awakening. I've called two GameStops, two Targets, two Best Buys, three Walmarts, a Kmart, and a few other local game shops. None of them have it. Amazon doesn't have it. I called Nintendo, and they said that its the retailers fault, because they are the ones that order it. I refuse to buy it on the eShop because I prefer the physical copy.

11. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    You still can't get it? I was able to get it day 1 from a local target in a shopping center close by. Have you checked in store?

12. laxking97

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    Yup. I've checked a few Walmarts two or three times each, and one Best Buy and Gamestop. The only places that had any idea when they would get any were Best Buy, saying they'd get 4 copies this coming Friday, and Gamestop, saying end of month at the earliest. It's really ticking me off.

13. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Holy Shit.

Paper Mario: SS is awesome, I didn't expect to love it this much. I didn't even know if I was going to like it.

Favorite 3DS game. Finally a 3DS game I truly enjoy, after all the disappointments.

14. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    #1094 K.D!, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
    Yeah, I've already finished the game (got it the day it was released) and absolute loved it. It is a bit of a departure from '... Thousand Year Door' and I wasn't too keen on the sticker aspect at first, but it soon grew on me and became more clear why it was more suitable for a handheld game.

Been playing through the 'Castlevanis: Lords of Shadow' demo and really can't wait to pick the full version up in two weeks.

15. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    S.I.D. if you haven't played the original and Thousand Year Door, you owe yourself to pick those games up, even if it means buying a (backward compatible) Wii to play them (well, you can definitely play the original via the VC, but for Thousand Year Door you need a Wii that plays Gamecube games and a GC memory card, or, of course, a Gamecube. Those two games are two of may favorite games of all time. So great!

16. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    #1096 S.I.D. CrAzY, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    Yeah, I'm actually looking into that now. I was looking into getting a GC, but I think a Wii would be better since that would allow me to play Super Paper Mario as well.

I already have an N64, maybe I should start there.

17. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I'm getting one of these systems soon. What games to get?

18. laxking97

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    #1098 laxking97, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    •Super Mario 3d Land- Favorite game for 3ds
    •Fire Emblem Awakening- Very close second, and I haven't even finished the game. Played 8+ hours over the weekend
    •LoZ: Ocarina of Time 3d- Great remake
    •Kid Icarus: Uprising- Fun, funny, but the controls take a while to get used to
    •Mario Kart 7- Its Mario Kart...

19. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Whilst all the Paper Mario games are great, you absolutely HAVE to play 'Paper Mario: Thr Thousand Year Door', it's still one of my favourite games to date. People bash the 3DS for it constant ports, but I would kill for a straight forward port of that game!

20. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I dont like racing games but Ill get the others.