iPhone won't sync with iTunes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by JDH22, Oct 13, 2011.

1. JDH22

JDH22 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Oregon
    Hey guys. So I've been having this problem today, after downloading iOS 5 onto my iPhone 4. I downloaded the OS at around 10:10, nearly right after it came out. The download was smooth, took no time, and I was happy. One thing I noticed was that everything had been placed on my phone except for my music, thus I resulted to resyncing my phone to my computer. I tried syncing my phone, and all was well up until it got to the last step where it says "waiting for changes to be applied". At this point iTunes freezes, then crashes resulting in nothing being synced to my phone. I tried restoring my phone, restarting my phone, restarting my computer and nothing. I just want it to sync my stuff! Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

2. sublimelabs

sublimelabs Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    I'm having this same problem... I get to the step that says "Determining apps to sync" and then it just - ends. Nothing happens. Does the same thing when I try syncing from my iPhone 4.

This is frustrating, and I've yet to find a fix.

Bumping in hope of us getting an answer...

3. grelb

grelb Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    New Zealand
    #3 grelb, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
    I've been trying to solve this problem as well.
    Finally it worked by
    1. selecting my iPad in iTunes,
    2. under APPS I turn __off__ the SYNC APPS button and select REMOVE APPS
    3. APPLY (This removed a couple of apps on my device that I had installed through the iPad instead of through iTunes)
    4. turn SYNCH APPs back on, I was able to synchronize it again.

If this does work, then try
    * powering the iPad off and on again (hold down the top power button for 4+ seconds)
    * transferring purchases from your iPad to iTunes (FILE > TRANSFER PURCHASES FROM..) - but this will probably also fail
    * in iTunes, making sure all of your apps are up to date (LIBRARY > APPS> then look on the bottom right and click the '12 updates available")
    * uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes from your PC

I hope these work .. : )