iPhone Dock That Fits Otterbox

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by AppealPlay, Nov 29, 2012.

1. AppealPlay

AppealPlay Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2012
    USA
    Does anyone out there know of a dock for iPhone (specifically iPhone 5, if it makes any difference) that will fit the Otterbox Defender series case? I'd really like to have a dock that I can use without having to take my iPhone out of its case.

Preferably, I'd like a triple dock that would fit my iPad, iPhone, and my iPod Classic but I realize that's probably not going to happen. So, if it's just an iPhone dock that's fine. I really need to find one that fits the Otterbox Defender, though.

2. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Well one that would fit all of them would have to have a converter for your new iP 5 :p

On a side note it is a pain in the you know where when you have to take your phone out of the case just to fit it on a stinkin' dock. I've seen so many people do this.

And if you use your dock mainly for music, then I think if you got an aux cable it would do the trick. But if it is for charging, alarm, etc. then.... nvm.:(

3. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    If you are looking for lightening specific docks (not adapter), you may have to wait for a while still. I don't think there are many certified or even decent ones out yet, and apparently the certification process for manufacturer's is much more complicated this time around.

4. AppealPlay

Nov 17, 2012
    USA
    Yeah, it seems that you both are correct. I went to several electronics stores this weekend looking to buy a dock and I couldn't even find a Lightning compatible dock, much less a dock that would fit my Otterbox! :(

It's frustrating. I like the new Lightning connector. It's significantly smaller than the old Apple connector but I wish Apple would have put more thought into encouraging companies to bring Lightning compatible accessories to market quicker.

Oh, well. I guess I'll have to wait.

5. AppealPlay

Nov 17, 2012
    USA
    #5 AppealPlay, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    Removed, Double Post