Newest Most online 1,900 & 8,000 active members!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by brewstermax, Apr 17, 2009.

1. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Wow. TA has certainly picked up growth very rapidly. I guess it's just one of those days, but TA has hit yet another record number of online members. According to the little box at the bottom, which says:

We have had over 500 people online at the same time. Not that many in retrospect, but still, a fair number.

2. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    It was bound to happen eventually.

Wow, I remember in December around Christmas when there was a new record of memeners with 300 some people. Lol.

3. brewstermax

I remember in November when the record was under 200. Average on couldn't have been more than 100

4. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I think I remember that. Even though I joined in December, I remeber browsing early November. That number seems right.

5. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Currently Active Users: 484 (154 members and 330 guests)

The number is a little misleading.. the number of the most online members is still under 200. The other 300+ are guests/lurkers.

6. brewstermax

True, but still, that is a lot of growth. But yes, that includes guests. Who will likely become members eventually. To post about something, or download a file.

7. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    well, consistent though. as it always measures that way.

It's surprising. MacRumors took years to hit those numbers. Interesting too, as 500-1000 is where we started running into server growth issues. So, I'll keep an eye on that.

arn

8. brewstermax

You know, I just realized the other day that I was signed up for MacRumors, back from February of last year, just never posted and forgot about it. :p

9. DaveMc99

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Surprising? the number of apps has tripled since December.. I would guess the number online will double before the end of the year just like the app store. You have the best touch game site on the web.. people will find it. :)

10. Believe default is within a 5 minute period active users...just jack that puppy to 60 minutes and you'll blow it outta the water like some forums do. But seriously though I think 15 minutes would be a reasonable adjustment.

11. DaveMc99

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Did not think of that.. so 1/2 the guests might be members :) With 5000+ active members now that would make sense.

12. DaveMc99

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Wow congratulations TA hit 10,000 Members that have signed up here this morning.
    Threads: 8,957, Posts: 186,829, Members: 10,005, Active Members: 5,228

13. brewstermax

#13 brewstermax, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
    We just set a new record. Imagine WWDC visitors. It will be 1000+, if we keep setting records. Used to, it took months to break a record. We broke one for the first time while I was here in the days leading up to Rolando. Then another shortly after Xmas, and now we're breaking it weekly. :eek: Almost 600 people on at the same time.

And we're about to break it again. The first was at 12:54, we'll see if we creep above 594 today.

14. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    We should try to set a new record. Let's all meet back here later. What time is good for everyone?

15. DaveMc99

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Most users ever online was 594, Sunday 04-19-2009 at 09:43 AM.

Lets all meet on Sunday the 26th at 10am.. Just post that you can be here.. and when we have 600 replies we will know we can set the new record. :)

16. brewstermax

Ok. I mean, EVERYONE reads the Site Feedback and News section. 300+ people are constantly in both of the two games sections.

17. DaveMc99

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    This would be off topic there.. hmm how to plan this.. oh I know how about we PM everyone in the games section to get back on here Sunday? Can you be here Sunday?

18. brewstermax

I'm here to some extend everyday. But why deliberately do this? I mean, it's going to go 1000+ on June 9th, why worry about it?

And active members doesn't mean much.

19. DaveMc99

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Yeah seems like a lot of trouble to go through.. guess will just have to see if it happens before June 9th. :)

20. brewstermax

We'll break the record again before then. It's just that it is Summer, primary audience doesn't have school, and WWDC= new iPhone, I'll be all over the place, multiple tabs, multiple browsers, Engadget live blog, Giz live blog, TUAW live blog, TA, iPTF, Apple, MacRumors, AppleInsider, and tons of other places. Watching and waiting for what is happening. Then of course, watch it for myself. I'll have to make a little HTML string that will auto refresh all those pages every so often for me. :) I love Apple product events. :D :D :D :D :D