[Beta] Gods of Olympus - Build and Battle Game for iOS

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Owly, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Owly

Owly Active Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Co-founder of Orb Interactive LLC
    Houston
    #1 Owly, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gods of Olympus is a new build and battle game being developed by Aegis Interactive and Orb Interactive for the iPhone and iPad. We're currently in Closed Beta with Open Beta coming very soon and a release planned for winter 2015.Sign up for our Open Beta

Our vision for this game was for the player to control the gods themselves as they rampage through ancient Greek cities. We imagined the greek gods towering over the battlefield like movie monsters, fighting pitched battles against massive armies of human soldiers. With this idea in mind, we set out to create a mobile experience that felt more like a true RTS, not just a dressed up tower defense game.

SUMMARY
    - Full combat control of up to 6 legendary Greek gods with devastating powers
    - Real-time cooperative play - help any ally defend their empire or attack another city
    - Massive battles where the gods face off against hundreds of combat units
    - Build an empire worthy of the gods with no build times
    - A game economy that rewards both strong attacking as well as strong defensive play

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Follow us on Facebook

Please feel free to ask questions or leave any feedback. We want to hear from the community! We've been working on this for a while and want to have the best possible product, so we really appreciate your input

2. Owly

Owly Active Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Houston
    Adding some more nice screenshots to the thread.

Citites can get really large. Even bigger than this.
    [​IMG]

This is apollo unleashing he devestating Sun Strike power.
    [​IMG]

3. leothelion96

leothelion96 Active Member

Feb 24, 2014
    Singapore
    Seems like a great game. I had signed up for the beta

4. Owly

Owly Active Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Houston
    Thanks for signing up leothelion96, the open beta will have some exciting new changes to our Monument buildings that will give them offensive abilities. We will post some videos of them in action soon. Its a recent change that came from really listening to and observing our closed beta players. We can't wait to hear your feedback as well.

5. Owly

Owly Active Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Houston
    I just wanted to share some new images with you guys. We're getting super excited with open beta rapidly approaching.

[​IMG]

6. Owly

Owly Active Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Houston
    Here's an awesome prom pic of Ares, God of War.
    [​IMG]

7. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Signed up for open beta -
    Love these types of games and it sounds like you have some unique ideas!

Also, if you wanted to let me into the closed beta I'd be happy to bug test.
    Just PM me and I'll give you my TestFlight info.

Otherwise, I'll wait for open beta. Excited for this one!

8. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    These are the only style games I play. Signed up for beta. Anxiously waiting for beta.

9. Owly

Owly Active Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Houston
    workingman - thanks for the interest. If these are only types of games you play, we can't wait to get your feedback! I think you will be pleased at some of the innovations in the game (this is by no means a clone!). I urge you when you bet into the beta to join an alliance with a large number of members. Our real-time assist is where the game really shines.

KeKhan - Thanks for the sign up. I think you are better off waiting for the open-beta. I promise, you won't have to wait long :). And yes, we have some unique ideas but more importantly we took a different approach to how these games are played. For example, aside from the full control of your gods and real-time assiting of alliance members we also have the following:

- No build times. None. Buildings are instant.
    - You can sell back your building for a full refund (just costs a few gems) and you can reinvent your city all you want.
    - You never lose wealth when someone attacks your city. In fact, we reward you for having a city that defends itself well by giving you treasure based on how much damage your city dealt. So you make money even when you lose.
    - You never have to rebuild your troops (in our case, the gods) after a fight. They are always ready to go.
    - We made the game in a way that it is always in your best interest to attack as much as possible.

10. workingman

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    Sounds really interesting. Can't wait to try. Thanks for the information

11. Owly

Owly Active Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Houston
    Good news! We've submitted the beta build to apple and its been approved. If you've signed up for the open beta, expect an email from apple sometime next week (we are going one last review on the build to make sure we give you a high quality and stable build).

12. Owly

Owly Active Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Houston
    #12 Owly, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    Oh, we just wrapped up a new video showing off what we mean by full combat control and real-time assists. I'm very pleased to share this because sometimes people are not fully getting what we mean by that. I also updated the first post with a link this video as well.

13. workingman

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    Looks good. Glad to hear I'll playing soon

14. Owly

Owly Active Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Houston
    Hoot!!

We are now in open beta!! We took a couple days longer than we wanted but we had to make sure we were giving you guys a solid build. For all of you that signed up already, keep an eye out in your email for your testflight invite. If you use gmail, it sometimes goes into your promotions tabs. For those of you that haven't signed up yet, there is still room.

[​IMG]
    http://www.godsofolympus.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/FB_OpenBeta.jpg

15. Owly

Owly Active Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Houston
    Hi everyone. We've had 7,339 fights since we went to open beta! We are getting some great feedback from people and they are having tons of fun. There is still time to join and get in on the action, just sign up at http://www.godsofolympus.com/beta/. If you already signed up but didn't get an invite just PM me and i'll make sure that gets resolved asap.

16. Owly

Owly Active Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Houston
    Hey all, I wanted to show off some of our new monuments. We've made a huge design change to the way the monuments work. They now provide big offensive abilities instead of passive buffs. So these are the art changes better represent that. These look even better once you see the vfx on them in game.

[​IMG]

17. Owly

Owly Active Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Houston
    Hi all,

We have soft launched in the Philippines and Australia. We can already see the new players jumping in and assisting in live battles. Very exciting! We will be rolling out a few more countries in the next few days and we should be word wide in a few short weeks.

18. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    looks great

19. Owly

Owly Active Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Houston
    Great news! Since our soft launch in the Philippines and Australia, we have had over 100,000 battles. People are really having fun.