iPhone Mazy - Unlimited mazes on iPad and iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by tyr2, Mar 11, 2011.

1. tyr2

tyr2 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 7, 2010
    #1 tyr2, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    I've just pushed an update for Mazy that's an entire rewrite from the ground up in Swift. Supporting all the latest iPhones and iPad's including the latest iPad Pro's.

Now you can challenge the world with the Daily Challenge. Everyone plays the same mazes for a day, can you get on the leaderboard? After completing the maze you can see how the top ten players played their game.

Play in a bunch of different ways, with Sudden Death, Time Trial, on 4 different sizes of mazes. You can choose between different algorithms and watch the mazes be generated.

Not sure how to update the screenshots below. I'll attach them to a post in the thread.

2. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    #2 Collin, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
    Thanks! I will check it out.
    ---
    Edit: I've played three mazes now, and I'm impressed. Very nice! My only suggestion at this time is to not require the iPad to be shaken to start a new maze. I hate having to shake my iPad. Maybe something as simple at a "New Maze" button under the end results of your last maze.

Also a maze race against a computer opponent might be a nice addition.

3. tyr2

tyr2 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 7, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback! You've got a point about the shaking, that makes more sense on the iPhone than the iPad. Perhaps 'tap with two/three fingers' would work better, I'll try some things out for the next update.

Race against the computer isn't something I'd considered but could have some interesting possibilities. Perhaps if you both race to the half way point starting from opposing ends, it could add some tension. Probably wouldn't be too hard to implement either...

Thanks again.

4. theatrus

theatrus New Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Shaking is nice, but there always needs to be a button to complement it (and an option to turn shaking off). Otherwise looks nice for a basic maze game.

5. tyr2

tyr2 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 7, 2010
    #5 tyr2, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
    An update has just gone live with a setting to enable 'two finger tap' for then next maze, rather than shaking. It's in 'general options' if you'd like to give it a go.

6. tyr2

tyr2 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 7, 2010
    A total rewrite of Mazy has just gone live. It has all the features everyone liked about the original version but now supports all the latest devices with a new UI, rather than the old school iOS4 style tableview! A brand new 'Daily Challenge' feature where everyone plays the same mazes for a day.

PM me if you'd like a promo code.

Youtube video.

6-6.png 6-5.png 6-4.png 6-3.png

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    PM sent, this looks fun!

My obsession with mazes started young - at 5, Santa brought us an Atari 2600 with Combat, Space Invaders and Maze Craze...

8. tyr2

tyr2 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 7, 2010
    Sure. Sent :)

Yeah I enjoy a good bit of maze solving, simple entertaining fun.

There are 4 different maze generation algorithms to choose between in Mazy, and you can watch them generate the maze if you wish. Can be quite hypnotic!