iPad Tower of Fortune - (by Game Stew)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Puce Moose

Puce Moose Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Argh! I finally amassed enough gold to unlock the mouth, and then my face fell as I discovered I needed 25k to unlock the Halo. I thought the keys of fate did that!

Am I missing something, or do you have to pay the fee & then use the keys?

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Pay the fee to unlock, then use the keys to enter. :)

3. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I've been really enjoying this game lately!

I just died and had to started over though... :p

4. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    #104 putermcgee, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
    boy oh boy does this game become a painful grind towards the end. it's been pretty fun for the most part, but now it's just tedious as i get to the top. i think what's really killing it is that i grinded for hours to unlock the mouth, only to find out that i'm gonna need a butt-load of money to open the halo. i thought that's what the keys were for?

so now i'm sitting on over ten keys, and most of the floors' bosses have been beaten so many times over that their hp is well over 700. so it's either taking my chances with that, or knocking out weaker enemies, hoping the loot slot comes up big. i equipped the 10% increase in gold item, but that barely helps. unless i'm missing some way to get gold faster (other than turning on the money hose for IAP), i feel like i'm never going to get enough gold to unlock the halo...

and to top it off, just entering the mouth costs at least 3x as much as i typically earn from a fight there.

5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I never really felt I was grinding much at all. For gold, if you unlock the mystic pet, that's basically infinite gold, though somewhat slow to accumulate. You do realize that, like king cashing, and unlike RPG Slots, you can control to some degree the outcome of spins by "aiming" for a particular result right? This allows you to buff up like crazy at the bar once you get the hang of it.

6. L.Hash

L.Hash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Yuri sisters

7. ThePaska

ThePaska New Member

Dec 5, 2012
    LVLing Bonuses?

First of all I love this game. I have been playing it on and off for a while. I finally died for my first time recently. I think I was lvl 40 something or so, had most of the items before the update and had completed the game. Dying and starting over has renewed my interest in this game.

My question is when you lvl up obviously you have options of what to do. Typically I would spend it on adding 1 to my Attack or Defense or worse case HP and Luck. Now I've noticed other options like do a certain amount of damage to enemies and some others that seem like they are just for that fight type abilities.

However there are ones where it allows you to increase the amount of time in fury mode or when you get 3 XP you earn extra +10 exp. Now those last few ones that are roll based, do those carry over? Will I always get those bonuses for matching 2 or 3 or did I waste my points?

Does that make sense?

8. ASFx

ASFx Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    When gaining a level, does anyone have any idea how this option works: "Atk+3 when match 3 XP+5- when match 3"

Is that a permanent bonus every time I make a match 3 on the wheel? Or is it just during that battle?

9. cowabungadude

cowabungadude Member

May 8, 2012
    Am I just impatient or are the animations a little slow and time consuming? Any way to speed those up?

10. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    I am loving the money-sheep!
    :-D

11. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #111 Vovin, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    Strange. I owned this game, bought it long ago. Now I din't own it anymore but it's free with iAP? oO
    What is Game Stew doing here?

Edit: hmm, now it is back in my purchase list. Very strange, looks like Apple has a problem.
    Anyway, it's just free to grab.

12. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    My most played Game in iOS and my most grinded Game in my entire life.

And i'm still not arrived to the halo...

BUT i'll finish This!

13. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Completed. With all 3 endings. Without any IAP purchased. It was hard to get trough, but i've Made it!

:)

Now tof 2...

14. DCBizzle

DCBizzle New Member

Jul 9, 2015
    I feel you man I've recently gotten back into it (and legacy as well - also by game stew) and still not at halo. Need to grind out another 12k or so more gold lol

15. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Keep grinding the first level with items that give gold and you will be finished soon.
    Also get all the keys you can.

16. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    GC achievements doesn't show up unlocked in The Game Center app.

Tof 2 same thing...

Really sad about it :(

17. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Version 2.0 was just released. It has some UI improvements and optimizations but the most significant change is that there is no entrance fee for any area now.