GameClub Sword of Fargoal (by Fargoal, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CommanderData, Dec 1, 2009.

1. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    That would be great, thanks!
    So let me get this right (coz I'm a bit slow really)... that pit MAY be climbable in other circumstances (i.e. I need to find something MAYBE that stops me falling back down or taking damage)?

Lovin' it so far though.... :D

2. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    Yup... there's always a chance you can either climb or fall under normal circumstances, and an intact rope is always climbable. However, some things make your dude more AWESOME and able to climb with ease. Just think about it a bit. ;)

3. fargoal

fargoal Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Sword of Fargoal update is *live*

Guess what is now *live* on the App Store? "Sword of Fargoal" major update — That's right! We can't wait to hear what you think!!

4. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Nice one. I'm off to bed, thanks again for the update (finally!!!) :D

5. LKR

LKR Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Earth
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrr OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!!!!11!!1!!!!!

It's here at last. :D

6. TouchChatterbox

TouchChatterbox Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    First to reply! Wow! I just saw it go from not available to available myself. Do I get a prize? :p

WOOOHOOOO

7. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    My pleasure! I'm so glad you guys can finally play it. :)

8. Doffie

Doffie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Retired, now concentrating on good works and good
    Storrs, CT
    Hooray! Saw it. Conquered (my Hero got rescued the sword). And now the (I"m certain) wonderful update is downloading.

Big smiles and thanks to our favorite developers!

9. TouchChatterbox

TouchChatterbox Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    #1129 TouchChatterbox, Mar 24, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
    First to reply in original thread - just saw it go from non available to available personally about 5 minutes past the hour. So just letting you know you're out on the Australian store too! Thank you, really really happy. Of course this happens on the day Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver come out but doubt that will hurt you somehow :p ... you DID add cute collectible monsters to the update, no? ;) Appreciate all your hard work, thanks for not rushing out half-baked updates or making this DLC. I will pimp this new version even harder than the last.

10. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    Thanks, enjoy the update! :D

11. Tikki000

Tikki000 Active Member

Sep 18, 2009
    I bought my wife a shirt thats says "I Lost My Husband to Sword of Fargoal"

12. No problems updating. Giving it a shot now. I'll just do a little blow-by-blow. (SFW)

CAUTION - SPOILERS - CAUTION - SPOILERS - CAUTION

- Hey, you can roll your initial stats. Cool.
    - Like the new still level selection.
    - So far so good...
    - Hey, the rubble falls more realistically now. Neat.
    - Barrels!
    - Aww, no monkeys in it.
    - Hey, you can use the barrel's lid as a shield. Awesome.
    - The dungeon is more furnished now. Feels cozy with a nice fire on the brazier and all...
    - Stun trap? I'm all a-glitter. Cool.
    - Ooh, trading up my barrel-lid shield to a nice metal shield.
    - Unh? A little antechamber with different walls and a switch inside and a wall that looks like it'll open when I pull the switch.
    - Yup. It's a vault.
    - And another lever inside that closes the wall behind me. Nothing but empty rubble in there though. Well that was disappointing.
    - Found a studded leather shield. I assume it should be obvious which ones are better? I mean, metal is better than leather.
    - Rat in a barrel. I killed it.
    - Hey, the level transition animation is gone. Ah, it's an option in settings. What's "Max performance?" Does that enable all effects?
    - Ohhh. I get it. Acid trap in a locked chest spewed acid at me and damaged my metal shield. But what does that mean really? Is it less effective? How can I tell? Will it eventually break? Would it have damaged the wooden or leather shields?
    - Every time I find one, I keep thinking for a brief moment that it says "Bacon Spell" instead of "Beacon" and now I'm hungry for bacon.
    - Nice new animation on the dart trap.
    - Hole-in-the-wall marker on map is great.
    - Hey, did you change the subtle visual indicator for a secret wall? I found one to an area that I knew had something in it (circular area you could sort of see into the corners of when you walked around the outer perimeter) and found the secret wall but only by bumping into it; I didn't notice the faint seam you used to get.
    - Wha...ha? Secret doors close behind you now? This is ... strange. Could be handy when being chased, but having no marker on the map or visual indicator might add to the grind of finding secret areas. I liked having that visual indicator...
    - Wand of Opening! Lovely.
    - Flame trap. Ouch.
    - Ooh, whole new dungeon theme. Purdy.
    - My first sack, finally. I WILL FILL MY SACK!
    - I filled my sack.
    - That's a lot of dire wolves.
    - Wand of Striking. Sweet!
    - Nope, visual indicator of secret wall is just totally gone. :(
    - Mind you all secret areas I've found so far has a corner bit revealing that there should be a way to get in -- but this may be confirmation bias because that's all I've found and there may be secret walls in areas that don't give away the presence of a secret area yet.

Okay, so that's for the first two levels. So far lots of cool new things to discover. I can only imagine what awaits me as I continue on. Awesome stuff so far though!

13. Tikki000

Tikki000 Active Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Where the hell is the next update?!?!?!?!?!?!?

14. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    The dungeon has been upgraded, and secret doors are no longer a crude, stone block... they are now magically hidden! However, there is still a lighting variation if you look closely, and there *is* a way to get a visual indication of the door, by magical means... how? Well, I forget. You know. Uh, forgettin'... spell. Zapped me. When I was, uh... eating supper.

15. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    Dude, don't give blue wobble any ideas. ;)

16. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Playing legend now.

So close to Lvl 3 on Dungeon 1

No deaths yet...

Wearing my Spiritbane bling...

Running to the temple every few minutes, haha. LOVE IT

17. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Amazing so far. Playing on Legend and I'm almost lvl 5 on floor 3. Fought a dwarf guard with a metal shield to get into a vault and found a Bugtooth Amulet and looted a spike shield with 100 durability on first floor. Monsters are definitely more unforgiving. Most new encounters can kill you 2-3 hits.

18. yankjenets

yankjenets Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Just wondering, is there going to be a sale soon? I got Rogue Touch and Cavern for cheaper, and I see on Appshoper that this was $1.99 at one point. Is it worth the $5?

19. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    It was worth it BEFORE the update. All this new content just makes it a no brainer to get

20. yankjenets

yankjenets Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    What about it distinguishes itself from Rogue Touch and Cavern?