Best and worst accidental purchases ya had.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by chickdigger802, Oct 5, 2010.

1. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    As many know, you can set itunes to save your account info so you dont have to input every time you want to purchase. This is convenient but leads to occasional accidental purchases. So lets hear your best and worst mistakes =)

My best was accidentally buying PvZ when I wanted to re dl peggle cuz of new update.

Worst was when I wanted to try one of those billion mafia games but accidentally bought the $10 one instead of the free one -.-"

2. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    #2 acrotran, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
    I wouldn't set my account to make accidental purchases more likely, no no no. I like it when they come back and say "Are you sure you want to buy it?"

During the weekend sale I bought Geo Wars based on feedback in the sale thread. Then when I looked at the reviews in iTunes they weren't so good, and the graphics aren't Retina, which I thought they would be. So I was a little disappointed, but it turns out I like the game a lot. So it worked out.

Oh I forgot. They will let you cancel one accidental purchase, which I've done.
    Also, once I accidentally bought an iPad app for my iPod and they cancelled that one for me too.

3. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    I've never purchased a game accidentally. It's worth typing in the pw each time to avoid that.

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    password each timeeee.
    lazybutt!

5. drfaygo

drfaygo Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2010
    how do you set it so you don't have to enter your PW everytime?

6. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    Still, even with password you still can purchase a wrong app by mistake =P

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    thats being pretty talented

8. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Talented is an undrstatement :D

9. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    I havent mistakenly purchased an app but i accidentally bought a song once by pressing buy when i was trying to play a preview. I got a refund though.

10. themendoz

themendoz Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    How do you get a refund, is there a section to cancel a purchase? I accidentally boug an 8 dollar piano app I dont need at all...

11. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    The tv guide, because i had it for a week and then updated to newer firmware and they never supported it. Its dead and should be removed from app store.

12. toxiccheese

toxiccheese Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I can't say I have ever made an accidental purchase. Although I have regretted a few purchases (ie: CASTLEVANIA PUZZLE: ENCORE OF THE NIGHT). I try to read as many reviews as possible and be informed about what I want to buy.

Nothing irritates me more than reading a review from some person who doesn't bother to read the developers description of a game/app and the usage specs for their particular idevice. Complaining and rating a game with 1 star just because you failed to read about your purchase is lame and unfair to the developer.

BEST PURCHASE(s): Angry Birds and Plants vs. Zombies... why? because they've been on my iphone and ipad the longest. I've gotten the most replay value out of PvZ and the updates to Angry Birds have been hefty and well done.

13. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    #13 weehoo, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
    **********Absolute Worst Accidental Purchases**********

1.TOM CLANCY'S SPLINTER CELL
    Was signed into iTunes updating apps. Clicked on this to check it out and pushed button twice on accident. Usually asks for password but because of updates it didn't. Everything about this game sucked the hairiest of balls. Bad aiming, bad controls, bad combat. This is the game that newcomers to the iphone think is so amazing because they've really never played anything else. Wasted $9.99 (parking fee for Universal City Walk)

2.COBRA COMMAND
    I read somewhere that it was free for a few days. I guess I was a day late and clicked without checking. Wow! An 80's retro-arcade Laser-disc adventure. Wrong! A stupid cartoon with prompts to move up, down, left or right with controls that just seem to not respond to anything you want it to do. I couldn't pass the first level. Wasted $4.99 (a pack of Marlboro Lights)

14. acrotran

Jul 31, 2010
    In iTunes click on Store -> View My Account -> Purchase History
    You'll see the Piano app somewhere. On that line, to the right you'll see "Report a Problem" click on that.

15. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    Now this wasn't so much as an accident as a random purchase because this was before I was on TA, but believe it or not, Aqua Globs appeared on the new games list when I was browsing, and I bought it haphazardly. You all know what happened after that.

16. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    The best (and only) completely accidental purchase I made was Dragon Portals. It turned out to be a really good and polished match-three game.

Now that I know you can get a refund if there's a problem, I might want to go ahead and get Geometry Wars. If it doesn't work like the lite version, I can get a refund, right? Will it remove the app from my account, or will it let me download a fix if one comes?

17. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Best or Worst: Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart, I accidentally pressed buy while trying to add it to my wishlist. Got a refund through Apple. Then I tried to add it to my wishlist then and it didn't work. Then another day I wanted to buy it because it was on sale. It let me download it for free :) but sadly it lags really slow on my iPod Touch 2g.

18. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    best: got GTA:CW by accident by clicking buy instead of wishlist (they really should change the button placing)!! Apple refunded me!!! Got GTA for free!!!!

worst: not really accidental, but in retrospect, i hate myself for buying all those crapps that looked cool right after i synced my ipod touch for the first time. knock on wood, drummer, woot button, anyone? and lets not forget mr. chalky

19. acrotran

Jul 31, 2010
    They will let you cancel 1 accidental purchase. After that.....

20. Ryan el champ

Ryan el champ Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    subway sandwich artist
    chicago
    Ill make sure to save my refund for the next AAA title then, whenever that will be. :D