Marvel Contest of Champions

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jerutix, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayflasher

Jayflasher Active Member

Aug 9, 2013
    They did say the characters shown in the picture is just a small amount of the full roster.

2. Lemmonz

Lemmonz Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2014
    I've been waiting for a good game with some Marvel characters besides Avengers Alliance and Lego Marvel, I'm a little iffy on this though.
    It's a Kabam game soooo....

Also, WE NEED GROOT, or at least a little dancing pot version.

3. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Gambit? :(

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Not keen on Kabam but I hope this turns out good still. My hopes aren't high at all. It's a shame they didn't use someone better than Kabam and made it a paid app with no IAP

5. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Don't interesting with this game too much. Play pvp games on mobile is not a good idea. :(

6. ivalerio90

ivalerio90 Active Member

May 27, 2014
    do as i do...completely avoid game with: Kabam, EA , Gameloft ( only if it's freemium ) , king.com limited , gree , ecc ecc.
    do this....and maybe one day App Store will be a better place...
    Amen

7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I think it's a little cruel to put Gameloft and even Kabam in the same box as EA!! Maybe not so much for Gree....king aren't my type of game but at least you don't need to buy anything other than to cheat.

I just really hope they do this game well as I never got hooked on Injustice as I don't really know those characters very well. Maybe this time knowing most of them I will like it more.

8. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Have I mentioned how freaking excited I am for this? Hopefully the model is fair but everything else looks pretty sweet to me!

9. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Ditto but cautiously optimistic. My inner Marvel fanboy is tingling!

10. G-Man11

G-Man11 Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2014
    The graphics look a little too cartoony for my preference, but what I'm really hoping is that they use the Injustice format. Spending is totally optional and you can max your characters out and buy new ones without spending a penny. Of course you can also spend if you prefer to speed things up.

11. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    The game's Facebook page just posted concept art of the Guardians of the Galaxy's own Gamora:

[​IMG]

There are also a couple of videos on there (showcasing the Avengers Tower and the Kyln stages), if anyone would like to check them out. Hopefully more such character reveals will follow! Despite my best instincts, I'm still rather looking forward to this. Hopefully gameplay will be good and monetization will prove as unintrusive as possible (though the latter is probably too much to ask for).

12. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    #32 TheMerc, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    According to one of Kabam's representatives on their own boards, the game is in limited release in a couple of countries:

http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?338602-Welcome-Marvel-fight-fans-to-the-official-Marvel-Contest-of-Champions-forums&p=1853924

I tried to dig around and see if I could find anything, but came up empty.

EDIT: The link was apparently taken down, but here are the words of Kabam's spokesperson: "The game is currently in limited release in select countries. The game will launch to all players later this fall. To stay up to date on any news on the game, like our Facebook page."

13. Pham

Pham Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Denmark
  14. Drewskii

Drewskii Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Student
    Why is a game featuring American superheroes not released in America as one of the first countries?