Am I missing out on RE Degeneration?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Kita, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Kita

Kita Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Boston
    It's not that I can't afford it but I need to be more frugal (especially when it comes to buyin apps) and I just got RE 4 for 3 bucks and LOVE IT! Degeneration is 6.99 atm and I'm just wondering how the game compares. If the price ever drops to 3 dollars during a sale or something I'll probably pick it up but for 7 bucks I'd rather buy 2-3 more great games like wolfenstein rpg...

2. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    degeneration kinda sucked. stick with RE 4, and buy modern combat: sandstorm :D

3. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I haven't played RE Degeneration yet, but if you're contemplating Wolf RPG I would definitely get that, especially since it's still on sale for $2.99. Besides, I have a feeling you'll find that you got the better RE game in RE4 anyway.

4. Kita

Kita Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Boston
    Um yeah I just bought Wolfensein RPG. I guess that makes me an appaholic huh? I have been eye myself on the Doom Rpg ever since it came out (never had a phone that supported it) and now I'm really happy to finally own an enhanced version of the game :)

5. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    You meant Wolfenstein RPG when you said Doom RPG, right??? You had me all excited there for a minute, thinking I had somehow missed the release of Doom RPG on the iPhone.

6. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I'd wait on Degen until it gets a price drop.

IMHO, while RE4 Mobile is better in gameplay, I like having Degeneration because it's at least a new part of the RE series I haven't played in any form on other platforms.

Then again, I'm a pretty big RE fan, so....

7. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    +1. I thought it was cool to play a RE title specific to and exclusive to the iDevices.