Best Match-3's (IMO)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Coldar, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #1 Coldar, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited: May 27, 2010
    (Edit: These games are with a STORYLINE ONLY...NOT your standard match-3, like Bejeweled2. So with this in mind........please read on).
    (even later edit: Threads evolved. Post/add/comment on what match 3 type you wish.

Been bitten by the match-3 bug lately and having a blast playing. If you like these type of games read-on. Or if you've something to add I'm not aware of......chime in.

I've played Montezuma2 and Gemmed before but never followed up to see if any others (worth getting) were out there. I'm relatively new to these (not gaming) so they are the most current ones at this time.
    This is mainly for newbies coming on board looking for the better ones but more seasoned TA'ers might find/add something too.

Most of these weren't bought on a whim either.
    I've researched these in-depth (on most) before purchasing (game sites/reviews/video/TA users/iTunes reviews/online demos/lite versions/etc). I'm only adding simple quick comments to each game because I'm lazy to want to type more but consider them all worthy. But since I put in a lot of effort/work into actual findings and personal experience with each game, I'd post my findings on what I found/think (in game name only, I'm lazy, remember?), and confident most previous players would agree and consider them all playable.
    (*sigh*......guess this where I need to turn my sign on that says: Mature Only responses please).

Just trying to save some grunge/searching work for anyone interested.
    So I consider these the best ones at this time. (imo)....and in no particular order.

Azkend- the best

Paradise Quest- unique play

Rise of Atlantis- nice twist

Neander Block: major swiping issues but plays great otherwise. Very beautiful game too.
    Edit: this has since been resolved with update 1.3 and plays great!

Ancient Wonderland Deluxe: think Pluto6 recommended this one to me. Nice game worth getting as well.

Jewel Quest II: Has 2 games in one-haven't played Jewel Quest Deluxe yet. But JQ2 is good. Priced at .99.

The Treasures of Montezuma (original)-been played but worth mentioning.

The Treasures of Montezuma2: been out for awhile but a GREAT game! I'm only half way through it still.

Gemmed!: All time favorite and played to death!

Totem Quest: Tried the lite and found when moving the interlocking pieces/tiles was too repetitive. Others might not think so and could check it out. Great game otherwise and think worth mentioning. :)

later edit: My best list is comprised of me currently playing mentioned games. This is always subject to change with newer discovered games. I'v got Aurora Feint II in the waitings to play and I see PuzzleQuest as a future purchase and hear they're both awesome games to get too.

2. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    The ones I liked most are bitFLIP and Piyo Blocks. And I'd say Alchemize as third choice.

3. SunriseMoon

SunriseMoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    There are no best match 3's. They are all boring and bland.

4. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA

hmmm......kinda of like this post?.......:D

5. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    #5 S.I.D. CrAzY, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
    My favs are Azkend, Montezuma 1+2, Stoneloops!(way better than Atlantis IMO), Adubble, Gemmed, Match 3D, Chop Sushi, bitflip, Cash Cow and Dragon Portals.

6. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    You are kinda right... I never bought any of them, but still I try the good looking ones when they go free... what I do dislike is when they go on for hours and hours, so time attack modes or similar are my favourite...

7. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    My fav is Rise of Atlantis.

8. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    bitFlip definitely.

9. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    There is only one I could not stop playing and was completely addicted to:

AZKEND..............best by far IMO.

10. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Puzzle Quest chp. 1&2 is my favorite match 3.

11. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I would have to say my favorites are Aurora Feint 2, Puzzlequest, The Treasures of Montezuma, and Smiles.

Edit: Samurai Puzzle Battle was pretty fun for me too.

12. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Aurora Feint is the best.

13. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    [app]Chop Sushi![/app]--quirky and amusing storyline, unique swapping method, turn-based battle, extra mini games, recently upgraded graphics.

14. caltab

caltab Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    I really like sparkle, havent seen that one mentioned...especially since stoneloops is no longer available

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    PuzzleQuest is pretty amazing, but my favorite is still Puzzlings -- it's just so gosh-darned cute.

16. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #17 Coldar, May 23, 2010
    Last edited: May 23, 2010
  17. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    def check out steamballs! its on sale i believe .99

18. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member