iPhone Back to the Future adventure series coming soon to iPad

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Toad In The Hole

Toad In The Hole Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    **** All
    In A Hole
    [​IMG]

Telltale Games has confirmed that episodic adventure series Back to the Future will be released for iPad.

Originally announced for consoles and PC but now confirmed as coming to iPad as well.

Details on gameplay are scarce, but developer Telltale Games has revealed tantalising information on who is working on the high profile project.

Steven Spielberg is credited as an executive producer on the series, as is screenwriter for the three films Bob Gale. Christopher Lloyd, famous for his memorable depiction of Doc Brown in the Back to the Future movies, is lending his voice to the series.

Five episodes are planned, though it isn't clear if these will strictly follow the plots laid out by the movies or if they will introduce new stories.

Currently, there are no plans to release the game for iPhone and iPod touch; however, Telltale Games insists that Back to the Future will be available for iPad "this winter."

Source:

2. NoThru22

NoThru22 Well-Known Member

It's clear that they will introduce new stories. The vidocs that Telltate has been posting say that they take place six months after Back to the Future 3 and that Bob Gale is a consultant for the story!

3. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

I have to say... I'm extremely pumped for this! BTTF is seriously one of the most amazing IPs ever, and we all know Telltale rocks.

P.S. GREAT SCOTT!

4. Felonious Tub

Felonious Tub Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Must.... Send....... Telltale........ Money....... Now!!!

5. wildcardd

wildcardd Member

Apr 16, 2009
    1.21 jiggawatts of electricity just shot through my body. Soo excited for this on the iPad.

Now if only they would finish Sam and Max.

6. stylegod

stylegod Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Animator
    is there any release date info for the ipad version?
    trawled google and nothing

... maybe i should just get it on steam ...

7. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    No news on this yet? :(

8. heavy liquid

heavy liquid Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    I'm getting to the point where I might break down and buy it on Steam. I wonder what's taking so long?

9. Black Hive Media

Black Hive Media Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    I am waiting for this too... Sounds perfect for iPad.

10. elimcfly

elimcfly Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009

Remember, tales of monkey island for ipad took nearly a over a year to release from it's counterpart. Granted, they are really trying to
    Go for a promised time here, but I don't see it happening.

11. TouchChatterbox

TouchChatterbox Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    #11 TouchChatterbox, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
    I have purchased it on computer. But I will definitely hit up the iPad versions upon release. Alan Johnson of Telltale Games has confirmed that EVERY episode will be released on the platform. It will be nice to have portable time travel awesomeness! :) Anyway, it's worth buying it NOW - highly enjoyable and captures the spirit of the original movies quite well. 1930s Hill Valley lacks a bit of the spark of the 2015/1885/1955 versions but the in-jokes, inclusion of Christopher Lloyd/great Michael J Fox sound-alike and the chance to see a continuation of such a beloved series, I would definitely say pick this up on computer now and iPad later.

Tony
    ('Toneiiblue' on TTG Forums)
    (Marty McFly voice on fan-created 'Predictions' series ;))

12. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    I would comment on the game, but I've gotta get back to playing the series on my third-generation iPad.

13. videogameman9

videogameman9 Member

Feb 20, 2010
    iphone?

what about iphone?

14. NoThru22

It plays great on my iPhone 6.

15. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    You just gotta use the jailbreak hack that lets you play iPad games on your iPhone 5 and iPhone 6. I guess the iPhone 4 was too old for the developer to add compatibility, even though the iPhone 4 could theoretically support first-generation iPad apps.

16. NoThru22

Yeah but not third gen iPad apps, duh!

17. nremondelli

nremondelli Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Okay, I think the horse is dead. No need to keep beating it. It was mildly funny the first time.

18. tantrikninja

tantrikninja Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Timecheck in aisle three . . .

jst wondering if I pulled out too soon.

Games not out yet. Dmmm.

Need to scrounge up some fuel for my Mr. Fusion.