If you had the chance to change a game's controls, what would it be?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Oceraux, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Oceraux

Oceraux Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lots of games are with bad controls now, let's (try to) save them!

Racing:

Option A - Swipe up to accerelate, swipe down to slow down, swipe further for handbrake, no need to hold, swipe left and right for turning. tapping both screens, buttons, tapping on road, swiping on road also apply

Option B - Auto accelerate, tap to brake, slide down when braking to handbrake, swipe up for nitro, tap both screens to use back mirror, tilt to steer ofcourse, and along with other common steering options

Option C - cockpit view: 1-4 fingers each hand holding the steering wheel to steer and swiping down on bottom right panel to shift gears (manual transmision only) - either stick shift or easier swiping down.

FPS/TPS:

Option A (The Drowning controls) - Tap to move to location, tap 2 fingers and bullet will come in between, swipe to look, button to turn 180 degrees, swipe to zoom. (Sorry of I forget anything)

Option B - Floating stick at left hand panel for movement, right hand panel - fire button at bottom right panel, the buttons are as follows - aim button at top, run button follows further below, and then jump button, then lastly a function button (grenades etc.), and more common buttons.

Yours?

2. Easy cures.

Add Apple wireless joystick support.

Add icade joystick support.

Have a developer figure out how to put an xbox one or ps4 joystick on ipad.

Presto, problem mostly solved for street fighter games and FPS.

This will cost you a $150 consultation fee. I will bill you. J/k. :)

3. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    For those of us who don't want to spend extra on joysticks, i recommend these:

Fps/tps/action adventure/ platformer/ anything but racers:
    V stick, full screen swipe for aiming, action buttons for jump, aim, shoot, etc.
    Racers:
    A- Slider for turning, pedals or slider for acceleration and braking
    B- Steering wheel and pedals
    C- Gyro and pedals

4. One spends $500-$800 for an ios device (not including subsidies), and $50 is too much for a joystick?

5. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Some of want to use good cases.
    I didn't say it was too much.
    And yes, for some it may be.

This is a bueatifal argument as well.

6. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    A lot of people get highly discounted iPhones with contracts. There are many other cheap ways into iOS, used iPod touches, etc.