Universal Growtopia (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    #201 Tannorexic, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013

Hmm I thought it'd be wrong.. It seems dodgey as. His room name is: sdfghjklaw and the payment instructions are on the signs..yeah that's true about the garden, it's nice to share recipes. Surprisingly not many ppl online seem to know about recipes. I get asked all the time how to make x, always send them to the seediary, don't know if they actually go..kids these days are so lazy, they don't want to do anything that requires effort ! One guy who doesn't know anything about the game, doesn't know how to splice, and hasn't bought anything with gems yet because he was saving up for a worldlock, gave me a mystery block seed after I gave him a bunch of old clothes, I wonder how he got that seed, sadly I think it may be stolen goods.. I feel like a bit of a criminal for receiving stolen goods. He didn't say it was, but after putting two and two together.. It seems likely. It's sweet though .. I often give away clothes.. I'm too soft, ill broadcast that I'm selling fairy wings, and instead half the time end up giving it away.. I've given away fairy wands, ninja masks, frog hats, and a few sets of wings,and small locks,I'm trying to behave now and not, I'd be terrible in business. But what good is a bunch of spare clothes anyway.. You can't do anything with it so u might as well give it away.

2. Jordanrracer

Jordanrracer Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Currently -Nothing-
    New York
    Awe, shucks!

3. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    I don't usually check the apple featured list, because its always the mainstream crap like angry birds, but I skimmed it today and wondered where growtopia was? Was it atleast featured last week? Surely it was GOTW? I just randomly saw the TAS GOTW thread and went to vote for grow, then I checked appzap and realised its been out for 10 days already, it seriously felt like only a few days ago. And again, it wasnt nommed. What the actual hell? Is there a Reason for this monstrosity? Are ppl just shrugging it off as a minecraft clone? Oh well it looks like grows doing pretty good without it anyway, the only logical explanation could be that android got it first, apple seem to get jealous and never want to feature a game that was originally on android because they like to pretend android and everything on it is crap. Kairosoft games are amazing and their rarely featured and they originated on android. Maybe it was GOTW last week but I missed it, but even still it should have been on the what's hot list this week. Hmm :/. If not I'm starting to believe the featured list is for the companies with lotsa money(and hoez).

4. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    I've had people ask about recipes that are in the seediary while being in the seediary haha.. Then it never fails that they'll end up asking the recipe for one of the ingredients because they're asking about a high tier item x.x

Also it's very possible they got the seed from the random event. New players often play in crowded worlds and crowded worlds are more likely to have random events occur. I got my first mystery block seed by hanging around in START haha.

5. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    #205 repapermunky, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    I love you Seth ;)

6. Mewoko

Mewoko Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Haha well people like living in HOTELMEWOKO because of the social aspects, yeah. And they get to show off their room to other people who come in. Most personal servers are never seen by other people, but in a popular hotel, anyone can see your stuff!

Also, until the last third of rooms (when I raised my prices because it was suddenly getting popular), I was definitely not gaining anything at all. I'm sure I have not even broke even yet.

In fact, the first 3 rooms I gave, I gave for free, and then people didn't do anything with them. But it someone pays something for a thing, they tend to value it more. So I made it cost two seeds above rarity ten. Eventually I added more seeds and a lock to the cost because I was eating through gems, making a lock for every room.

Two of my residents have went on to make their own hotels recently, DaKilla99 and KingMark, and I've been more than happy to help them or anyone who wants to message me and ask for help designing a layout that works well.

Oh and yeah, meowgarden was my idea but was done by CNoone (a friend in real life), with some planning assistance from Seil and I, haha.

He is not making a profit either though, with 2 seeds per lot as the cost.

Tl;dr: we make these servers FOR FUN, not to make a profit. :)

7. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    A possible IAP for the future, a gem purchase, might be different world backdrops, though the current is just dandy as is.

8. Seth A Robinson

Seth A Robinson Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Game developer
    Japan
    Hmm, yeah. Also I want to add a "hall of fame" recommended worlds section in START, so people would always have a place to go to see the best of the best.

9. repapermunky

Aug 29, 2012
    Me too. Seth and I are best friends. PS pal, I'm already back on.

10. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    SEEDIARY has been updated with Tier 11 items. Including Fishnet Stockings which are either a recent addition or just not well known.

I need a LOT of disco ball seeds before I'll be able to proceed into tier 12 haha.

11. tinytim

tinytim New Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Is there any reason as to why I cannot connect with Bluestacks, or did I just do something wrong?

12. Baron Cappuccino

Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Plainfield, CT
    Evil Bricks, Lava Rocks and Lava play heavily in the construction of Javatropolis. The latter two are very easy to farm. I know how to create an Evil Brick, but does anyone know if it yields enough in farming/destruction to grow a stock from itself? Ideally, I'd prefer not to have to continually work my way up the splicing tree.

13. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Evil Bricks are somewhat unstable. They can produce positive yield but it's not guaranteed. And it could be a very slow process.

Black Blocks multiply a bit easier.

Bricks multiply INSANELY easily. And Cave Background are easy too.

If you think about it in a time factor - splicing from one or two steps prior could result in a lot of time saved, but they can be farmed, just not always with the best results.

14. repapermunky

Aug 29, 2012
    Because that's just an emulator. Get a legit device.

15. Baron Cappuccino

Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Plainfield, CT
    Thanks. I'll proceed as you suggest. I like to think I have a cool idea for a different kind of world, but I've never looked at others, so we'll see.

16. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Back at release I cleared my world of all materials and had re-placed the top like 5 layers of dirt.

Recently I changed all of that dirt to Lava Rock, made the entrance hut out of Evil Bricks with a Portcullis door(it was a tiny white block/wood house prior).

I really like the re-theme.

17. repapermunky

Aug 29, 2012
    #217 repapermunky, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    You know Seth, there's a reason the games popularity is dropping. It's so unfortunate, as I had such hope... :( Oh well. You should

18. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Because the fact there's still a steady 800-900 people on most of the time means the popularity is dropping? lol

It's more popular than day 1 and still as popular as a couple days after launch. And the number of hits on my newbies guide is increasing steadily.

19. repapermunky

Aug 29, 2012
    Oh well, you see... Oh wait! You're not Seth, are you? ;)

And I was referring to the TA forums.

20. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Threads on games hardly ever remain popular on TA for a long time. The front page is almost always vastly different every week.

The fact that this still has at least a couple posts a day from people other than myself means it's doing better than a ton of other games that wind up on these forums.

So why are you trying to troll? Did you screw up and get banned or something?