I haven't been following Playdek news...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Greyskull, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    ...But I heard the Ascension servers are being shut down? Any other Playdek games receiving the same treatment? Also, I recall reading about something being broken in Nightfall. Could some kind soul please elaborate?

2. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Are you trying to start a riot?

3. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Stone Blade Entertainment have taken Ascension back from Playdek and are developing the multi-platform Ascension Online themselves, so Playdek will only be supporting their version of the game until next year, when the multiplayer element is shut off. You'll still be able to play the game versus AI, and there's no indication the old app will be pulled entirely.

For Ascension Online, the base set (Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer) will be free on PC, Android and iOS, but you'll need to buy each of the expansions again in the new version, even if you already own them for Playdek's version (although the expansions will be cross-platform as well, so you'll only need to buy each of them once).

This isn't going to affect any other Playdek game.

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Thanks Appletint. To the previous poster...I really HAVEN'T been paying attention.