Galaxy Pirate Adventure - space 3D RPG - coming October 2011 (Official Trailer)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sunfish Studio, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Sunfish Studio

Sunfish Studio Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Let me introduce you Galaxy Pirate Adventure 1.0 for iOS, our upcoming game where players are the son of the Galaxy Pirate King, who teaches them skills to prey on vessels traveling through space. As one of the biggest space RPGs on iOS, the game features 44 cinematic cutscenes and over 40 hours of gameplay with 2 different pirate kingdoms. With some of the most gorgeous visuals ever seen on the iOS platform, Galaxy Pirate Adventure is like a console game on an iOS device.

The official trailer:

The official website:
    http://www.sunfish-studio.com

A preview by ifanzine.com:
    http://ifanzine.com/hands-on-preview-galaxy-pirate-adventure

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    My excitement and thoughts are too hard to explain verbally, but I'll sum them up in two words:

Awwwwww yeeeeah.

When / how much / supported devices?

3. Sunfish Studio

Sep 21, 2011
    Hopefully, Galaxy Pirate Adventure GPA will be released next week.

I'd rather keep the price a secret at the moment. I can tell you that it is cheaper than other similar 3D space games, not because it is smaller in size or lower in terms of quality, but because sunfish studio is too new to the market and we'd rather have a conservative price strategy.

GPA supports iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, iPad2, and iPod Touch 4.

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I'm expecting something in the lines of 4.99 - 7.99 then. ^.^

It's a day one, minute one purchase for me regardless, that preview delves into a few features and damn do they sound fantastic!

Actually one more question, what kind of file size will it be, expanded?

5. wooseokjo

wooseokjo Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    looks cool, but the systems look simular to gof2.

i dont really care whether its silmular or not, hope its going to be fun.

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    One simple word to describe my thoughts while watching the videos: Woah.

7. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    The game looks fantastic! If it supports the iPhone 3GS, why doesn't it support the iPod Touch 3rd gen (16gb and 32 gb), which have the same CPU and graphic chipset, I believe?

Thanks!

8. Guardian Of Asgaard

Guardian Of Asgaard Active Member

Mar 2, 2011
    England
    Yeah, I'd like to know this too. I had already asked it but didn't get any kind of useful response...

9. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Waiting already since Ages till I will be able to play it. As soon as I get a Build of it you Guys can expect a Armada of HD Gameplay Trailer about it.

10. Lonan

Lonan Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    woooop! i want. love games like these. they are almost non-existent on current consoles.

11. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Looks great. I loved Galaxy on Fire 1 & 2 (especially 2). This looks kind of similar, which is a good thing.

I know, right? I would really like an open world space game on PS3, but there aren't any. I'd love to have a game like Galaxy on Fire 2 with HD graphics and deeper gameplay on consoles. Also there should be more pirate themed games. Screw zombies and modern FPS games, give us some space and pirate games.

12. Sunfish Studio

Sep 21, 2011
    We have tested GPA on iPod 3G already and confirm you that it runs on iPod 3G without problem.

13. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    That is awesome news. Will you be updating the release with the iPod Touch 3g then? I saw your release platforms (GPA supports iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, iPad2, and iPod Touch 4) from the page previous and was a little concerned. I definitely want to get my hands on this game!!

14. Sunfish Studio

Sep 21, 2011
    We have already updated the release to include iPod Touch 3G. GPA now supports iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, iPad2, iPod Touch 3, and iPod Touch 4.

15. kearnel

kearnel Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Swansea, UK
    being a fan of x: beyond the frontier and all its sequels, wing commander games, gof 1 and 2 and all other space related games... i soo cant wait for this :)

16. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Thank you very much! I can't wait to try it out!

17. Sunfish Studio

Sep 21, 2011
    We are pleased to announce that GPA will be launched on next Tue (10/18/2011). It is priced at $4.99. Hope you will like it.

Enjoy the great weekend!

18. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Awesome. So the metallic shader is only for A5 and above. How will the game look with A4? Will it be about the same as GoF2? Or a little better? The difference between GoF2 and GoF2 HD is dramatic so that's why I'm wondering. Thanks, and congrats on the approval.

19. Deathrow

Deathrow Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Awesome.Finally a deep space sim.Galaxy on fire 2 had the looks,but it was shallow.Dont get me wrong I still love the game, but I played it way back on my SE W910.And what was amazing on Java is on the shallow side on ios.The graphics were amazing, but it lacked the depth of a proper space sim.Especially the flying part got stale after a while.Damn, got a little carried away.Anyway, GPA looks like the type of space sim I like-beautiful graphics,rich gameplay and lots of ships and upgrades.

20. Sunfish Studio

Sep 21, 2011
    #20 Sunfish Studio, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
    On iPhone4, everything looks the same except that the shader for spaceship is different. Here is an screenshot captured from iPhone 4.
    [​IMG] (image corrected)