All Id games (or nearly all) on sale for .99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Doom Classic, Doom Resurrection, Rage HD, Doom 2 RPG, maybe some others. Feel free to populate this thread. Oh...Penumbear is also on sale. Sorry, too many game sales to make individual posts. It will clutter up the board and, frankly, take way too much time.

2. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Thanks for the heads up. I had a few of these I wanted to get. I'm going to have to pickup an iTunes card after I get paid on Friday. Hopefully the sales last.

3. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Is Rage HD worth the size? It looks good (as good as an on-rails shooter can look)

4. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I'm aiming at Doom Classic and Doom 2 RPG. Rage looks good but its on rails so I don't have that much interest in it or the other doom game that is also on rails.

5. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    All we have available in store here from idsoftware is Wolfenstein, and only the lite version.

I guess they don't want our money.

6. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Where is here? Have you tried searching for the app names themselves?

7. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    My issue with all ID games, are no support for iPhone 5 16:9 widescreen support. I just can't buy them like that :/

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    You can still play them well though ?! Its like refusing to watch a movie as its not widescreen !

I cant believe people dont have Doom on their devices, this was one of the first games i bought ages ago. Total classic, amazing to have it in the palm of your hand wherever you go

9. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    It's a good game and pretty to look at but out of these games I actually preferred the admittedly less pretty Doom Ressurection, which has much more content for an on-rails shooter.

10. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I even held off buying Street Fighter Volt because of this reason. Sorry but I gotta let this one go solely for they reason.

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I agree completely, while I totally enjoyed Rage HD, I found Doom Resurrection to be a bit more fun/interesting.

Both are easily worth a buck.

12. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Thanks! I actually have my eye on Doom ii RPG, is it a turn based FPS? If so, I'll probably get that and Doom resurrectio. (Rage HD will take over a day downloading with the wifi at this place :/)

13. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    ID Software games are on sale many places in celebration of QuakeCon starting today.

Doom is essential.

If you are a fan of Doom then General Arcade's iOS Doomsday series is great; they use the same interface and feature award winning Doom mods ported/developed by the same FPS enthusiasts who brought us iOS Shadow Warrior.
    Doom II RPG is a first person turn based RPG like QuestLord, The Quest, etc. It's more a slow paced world exploration adventure game than a shooter. Maybe it's the nostalgia but I found it fun and interesting. I do wish we would get a proper Doom II first person shooter release (only the original fps is avaliable).

14. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Doom II is more like the old turn-based dungeon-crawler engine sort of game, but has lots of shooty/strategic combat and a bit of humor. IMHO unless you don't like goofy humor Wolf RPG had a much better story. Again, if you like one, you'll probably like both, and there's more than enough gameplay there for a buck. It just boils down to what gameplay style(s) you prefer. I payed full price for most of these with no regrets.

15. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Thanks, but (I'm probably thinking of the wrong one) wasn't wolf RPG removed a while back?

16. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #16 undeadcow, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    Pocketnova is correct that Wolfenstein RPG is not long avaliable on App Store. This might be because it was published by Electronic Arts and not directly through ID Software so EA's rights may have lapsed. Hopefully it will re-appear at some point.

Appshopper Link FWIW: http://appshopper.com/games/wolfenstein-rpg

17. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Doom ii RPG is awesome! Very enjoyable so far. More then worth 99c.

18. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Wow that sucks. Hope it comes back, it's good.