What Files To Submit??

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by angelsfan27vg, Jul 14, 2009.

1. I recently filled out all the forms for submitting an app to the app store but the last step is to upload the binaries. Which files should i upload? I really have no clue so can somebody please help?

2. buxman

buxman Active Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Sweden
    As the guidelines say, zip the distribution binary (right click and select compress) then upload it that file.

3. which folder would that be?

4. PixelthisMike

PixelthisMike Well-Known Member

In Xcode find your .app file (probably in a Products folder), ctrl-click and 'reveal in finder'.

5. when I try to add my Distribution Provisioning File it won't work. any ideas why?

6. PixelthisMike

PixelthisMike Well-Known Member

You're going to have to be more descriptive :) SO much can go wrong with signing. In what way is it not working?

7. i have made a distribution provisioning file with a distribution certificate and when i try to run it on a device it says "Can’t run on the iPod. The iPod doesn’t have the provisioning profile with which the application was signed." i have also changed the build settings but still to no avail.

8. rdklein

rdklein Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    sw developer, tv producer, hw developer (microcodi
    Munich
    yes the distribution cannot be tested, for test you need to use the developer certificate, the distribution version is only for submission to App Store (they can test)

9. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    You can't run a distribution build on the device. You should be testing the release build on the device, and then, following the step by step instructions on the dev portal, create a distribution build, compress it, and submit it.

10. so then what do i do with the ditribution provisioning file?

11. ddn

ddn Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Programmer by day but at night also programmer.
    Look behind u!
    You use it to sign your application. Once it's been signed by that provisioning profile you can then zip up the .app and submit that.

-ddn

12. i did and when I tryed to uplaod it gives me a "401 Unauthorized" error

13. ddn

ddn Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Programmer by day but at night also programmer.
    Look behind u!
    How big is the zip file? You might have to use their upload tool if its too big to submit through the web form.

-ddn

14. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
  15. im trying to but there still some things that arent working

16. im doing everything it says and I still get the error

17. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    I would try logging in again, and then trying to upload the binary. And how big is your zip file?

18. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Did you find "embedded" and "codesign" in your build results? Are you using the distribution certificate to create the distribution build? What is the name of your zip file?