Universal Real Racing 3 by Electronic Arts

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by matthew-13, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Ok so regardless of the features that many of us were chasing it looks as though Firemonkey's have gone the route many of us thought they would dodge with the final product.
    If left these timers are going to kill this game

2. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    #1922 GPS, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
    Son of a beyatch!!! Had my Porsche RS in to do a 6 hr service, did the update and now it's gonna take 12hrs.... WTF!!!!!
    So they have doubled the timer wait in this new update. That sucks big time.
    Sorry, that's my outburst over.... I love everything about this game, but the waiting is over the top.

3. They come from China, 2 hours is the fastest they can come. Sorry...

4. Wot??!!!!!?!! I thought the wait timers were going to go down
    Every time, not go up... So my 6 1/2 hour wait timer might be 13 hours????

Oh the pain. And I hate having the app run in the background. I swear, it is doing stuff in the background all the time, my ipad runs slower when the app is running. When I close it in the multitask bar, sometimes my ipad seems to quicken. Anyone else ever notice this? So I always close the app in the multitask bar. I really wonder what it is doing in the background with the stealth updates and all...

5. racer-007

racer-007 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    The timers were bad before.

I think this is the final straw.

EA has disappointed the lot of us.

I am at a loss for words.

The sun started shining over the green lands of the Shine, but alas the dark clouds are a gathering again.

6. Well I must say, thank goodness I haven't updated yet

7. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    I am really starting to dislike the endurance races, it feels like luck is more of a factor than skill. The cars all seem to bunch up together at some point. Last night I passed a string of like 10 cars at once. The problem is I still had 80 seconds left on the clock and since it is capped at 90 seconds I passed 9 cars without any effect. But now the rest of the track was empty and I couldn't catch up with the pack to renew my timer and so my time ran out.

Is there any tactic to endurance races that I haven't discovered yet?

Last night also provided a fun experience, for the first time I've lapped a car :)

8. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Omg, i'm glad that i came here first before doing the update!

Sooo, basically EA/FM says "ok guys, we are not getting enough money from you out of this (far from spot 1 in the top grossing list in the app store), let's just double the service times and screw players some more!"

......F*CK YOU EA/FM.....you won't get a single dime from me!
    shove your cashcow where the sun don't shine you greedy *****!

Btw, not gonna update :p

9. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    I won't be updating then.

10. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    Turn off WiFi and log out of GameCentre. That's the only way. I simply have no time to sit down for 45 mins just to play a endurance race to win it.

PLay all the endurance races in one go then log back in and play the other event types with real people for a proper challenge.

11. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    I think the 6 1/2 hours you were facing is in the latest version. The one prior to this had waiting times in the 2 hour region at max.

12. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    So here's the story:

- EA/Firemonkeys suffer a backlash from fans on Day 1.
    - They feel they might have been pushing it too far so they first discarded damage repairs times totally.
    - They realize no more "impulse" gold spending so reintroduce repair times, though much shorter than before, and at the same time, reduce service times by 70%.
    - They realize that fans with a few cars to play around aren't affected anymore, so totally remove repair times and lengthen the service times to how they were right at the start.

Even having 10 cars and each lasting 30 mins, you'll be done playing in 5 hours. Shortest full service times are now 6 hours, and much longer for the latter cars.

Scorecard:

Launch: EA 1 - 0 Fans
    Initial update: EA 1 - 1 Fans
    Second update: EA 2 - 1 Fans
    Third update: EA 3 - 1 Fans

(EA scores a goal for everytime they make a move that has $$$ written on it. Fans score when EA make a $$$ losing move.)

13. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    I want to hear what Eli Hodapp has to make of this. Will be interesting to see how he defends this move (or finally joins us in our crusade against EA).

14. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    This hurts more after really getting a shine on for this game. Most of all I just feel bad for Bambi.

Just remember guys. When all this is over you're all winners to me

15. ictoanen

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    I've tried playing with airplane mode on but that didn't seem to help much. I didn't sign out of GC, perhaps that will do the tracks. I will try that next time!

16. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Not so, last night my BMW GT was in repairs for over 6 hours. Based on the update it would now be more like 13 hrs!

17. ictoanen

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    Has anyone noticed any logic in the inclusion of GC friends in your races? I have done cup races where only a few of the drones were GC friends even though I have enough friends to fill a full roster. It really is a shame as it is much more profitable to race GC friends.

18. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    The logic is: your GC friends must race that cup first. When they have raced that cup, they will be added on the grid!

19. ictoanen

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    Yikes, that is something I should've thought of myself! Thanks.

20. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    I believe the wait times should triple at the very least. So you're looking at 18 hours at best, over a day at worse.