iPhone Shadowrun Returns (Tactical RPG)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Hambo12, Oct 17, 2012.

1. DeadGuy427

DeadGuy427 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    US Army Infantry
    Lacey, WA
    I just preordered this through Steam, and I'm definitely picking it up for my pad as well...I have been glued to the videos on YouTube and reading everything I can find...I cannot wait to play this!

2. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Statement: definitely interested -- depend on the price and the rate of backlog clearance.

Query: if the iOS version were to be the same as the PC release, is there any mention of possibility of syncing between 2?

3. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I am a little surprised we have not started to hear more info about this game considering it's suppose to be launching in a little more than a week.

4. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Nice little write up.
    I've only played the SNES and Mega Drive games. They don't delve to deeply into the backstory. It was enough to have me interested in this.

5. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

I need how many dollar to get it?

6. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
  7. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Here are my thoughts regarding the trailer.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

8. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    What's killing me is the stack of stuff I got on the steam sale just one week before this hits.

At least the Deus Ex, Xcom, KOTOR and Elder Scrolls games are primers for it (there's more to this but I'm embarrassed how deep the rabbit hole goes...).

9. stutz

stutz Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
  10. andsoitgoes

Embedded for his AND her pleasure.

11. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    HOLY $#!+ !!!I got goose bumps all-over me after watching that trailer!!!This could really rival x-com in every aspect....GOTY material here...:D

12. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Enquiry: I read some basic background material. As I see decker here, so does this version still featuring wired network (that requires jacking-in) and not the wireless network version of setting?

13. Captive

Captive Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Going by the site headlines that this releases after the pc version does anyone know how long after?hopefully its not a Grimrock releases after the pc version sort of thing.Just wondered as up to now i dont think i'v seen a single screenshot of an ipad version.

14. andsoitgoes

They responded on Facebook and said that it has been submitted, and they are hoping it will be approved by the 25th, but don't know for sure.

15. Captive

Captive Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Thanks for your reply thats sounds like pretty soon after then,great news!

16. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #56 Bool Zero, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    I believe this game seems to center around 1st -3rd edition in terms of general mechanics and thematically implementations (in the loosest sense because they really built their own interpretation of the system and didn't really base it mechanically as a carbon copy on the PnP game). Thematically, the wireless Matrix was not added until fourth edition and refined in the recently released 5th edition rules. I would assume that since thematically they based the game off of 3rd, they would still have the "jacked in" Matrix and no wireless.... But this is all just my guess and I could very well be wrong!

17. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    The Touch Arcade front page article indicates iPhone and iPod compatibility. However, I understood Shadowrun would be iPad only. The Kickstarter page and the game's Wikipedia just indicates "iOS" doesn't seem to indicate device compatibility. Can anyone confirm iPhone/iPod/Universal compatibility?

18. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    I have the same feeling. I read into that too it would be iPhone enabled. This is made for iPad or PC as the iPhone screen is too small so I don't mind not getting it here.

19. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I'd settle for trying to play Shadowrun Returns on an iPod. Has anything definitive been said about iDevice compatibility? IGN seems to imply Shadowrun Returns will be available on iPhone too (http://www.ign.com/games/shadowrun-returns/iphone-131404. Shadowrun.com forums are mum. I guess I won't get my hopes up for small screen Shadowrun.

20. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I'm tired of all these titles deeming themselves too small for the iPhone. The five is not that much smaller than the mini. Just release it with a warning and leave to us to decide. :mad: