Experix - Online usability/beta testing

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by experix, Feb 1, 2013.

1. experix

experix New Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Hi,

I'm starting an online usability testing service for (indie) game developers. When I got the idea I, I was so excited I started to code right away. After two weeks of intense coding I got a tip from a business friend to first gauge interest before wasting(?) more time building something nobody wants.

So here I am, please take a look and let me know if you would be interested in this kind of service. I believe it can be of great help to developers.

www.experix.eu

2. experix

experix New Member

Feb 1, 2013
    317 views and not one single comment? You can say it sucks or you don't need it. I don't mind. But no feedback at all.. That's not what I expected.

3. DomAjean

DomAjean Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    I think you need a youtube video that visually explain your business and to change your system and prices a little bit.

4. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    I think that you would struggle, Indi developers carnt really afford much and there is plenty of users on places like touch arcade that will beta for free. They will also be the demographic most developers are looking for. Also if you carnt find people willing to beta your game then its probably going to be a flop.

It might not be the most statistically sound thing to get forum members todo it and I think asking them to make videos of them playing it might be a bit much so your system may have an advantage.

Where would you find your testers from? I think if your seriously want to beta test a game then you may need 20 testers that would start costing quite a bit.

I know for my game I needed really big horror fans that had played similar games, like slender man. The beta test on this site I did was really helpful and the touch arcade users were great. I had about 15 testers and around 10 followed up with great constuctive feed back.

There was a risk giving relative strangers early access but I had no problems.

Maybe if you were doing something you really need to keep a secret it would be worth it. Or if you were a bigger developer you could afford it more.

5. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Although an example video would also be good, I would not 100% rule out using your service but not at this stage.