Help with the game Frotz

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by RM_15, Jun 9, 2009.

1. RM_15

RM_15 New Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Student
    This is my first post so I wasn't sure which thread to put this topic in, but I was wondering if I could get a good explanantion for the game Frotz.

I love text adventure games, and ths game seems really interesting, and a real brain tester, and I was wndering if someone had a more better detail of how to play the game than the explanation given when you download the game.

I sort of understand the basis of the game but I need more help.

2. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    1. Frotz isn't a game. It is an emulator (or interpreter, if you will.)
    2. Touch the 'i' icon at the top of the screen. Then touch 'getting started.' That will explain everything you need to know.

[​IMG]

3. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    The stories in that app are written by different authors, so they have some varied command rules. Usually, typing "help" or "info" gets you some in-game hints.

Here's a beginners' guide to playing interactive fiction like the ones in Frotz. More resources on site.

4. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
  5. RM_15

RM_15 New Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Student
    thanks for the help guys, I think I know how to play this ga....excuse me emulator

6. RM_15

RM_15 New Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Student
    I also had another question, you see I wanted to download the game tap tap revenge 2 lite on the app store and they told me taht couldn't upload it at the time, but in my umm home screens there is a blank gray square that's has the bar where it shows it's loading, but it's still there after 2 days, and I already downloaded the game tap tap revenge 2 lite, so how do I delete it?

I already trie the usual way to get rid of the game, but there is no x button to get rid of it.

7. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    That used to happen to me in the OS 1.x days. Have you tried restarting your device? Have you tried syncing with iTunes?

8. RM_15

RM_15 New Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Student
    if I restart, will that get rid of all of my games? And how do you sync with itunes?

sorry about all these questions, I'm knew with all of this.:eek:

9. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    I hope it's okay to bump this thread with a new question (wasn't sure whether it would be better to make a new topic).

I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about the file transfer thing and whether it works on a 1st gen Touch. I have a file for the Lurking Horror but when I touch the 'start file transfer' button in Frotz, the button turns blue and it just hangs. Doesn't seem to do anything. Any ideas?

Now apparently if I could upload it somewhere, I could point the Frotz browser to it but the only file services I know don't do direct downloads. I tried rapidshare but it doesn't work as it has to go through the rapidshare pages and Frotz doesn't like that.

Any help would be really appreciated!

10. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Sent you a PM.