Seeking Senior Game Developer / Biz Partner

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by RayGraham, May 7, 2009.

1. RayGraham

RayGraham Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    After successfully creating and licensing a new mobile game on my own, I've just signed a long-term deal with a mobile game publisher. Because of this deal, my company is in the process of re-defining itself. Part of this process includes bringing in an experienced game developer and partner (i.e. YOU) for the company. You will be responsible for most of the engineering work on one of the games in the immediate roadmap (I'll be working on the other) and be rewarded a generous percentage of the revenue; if the product is completed successfully and we've proven to each other that we can continue to work on more titles together, you'll also earn a generous percentage ownership of the company and become a partner.

You will qualify for a discussion if you score >50 points from the following list of pre-qualifications (in addition to the rev. share and partner information above):

1. already an independent entrepreneur or was and wants to transition back with at least 3 years experience of being independent (+10 points)
    2. local to the San Francisco Bay Area (+30 points)
    3. thrives at working ridiculously hard; you know first hand that good money requires hard work (+10 points)
    4. can learn new skills and tools very quickly (+10 points)
    5. provide an up-to-date resume in your first contact e-mail (+5 points)
    6. impress me by cleverly mixing in both business and casual tones in your e-mail/cover-letter (+5 points)
    7. briefly describe 3 of your favorite iPhone/iPod Touch games and why they are your favorite (+5 points)

I should state specifically that this is not a job. There is no salary with this arrangement, at least not until we become partners and you decide to take on a salaried position within the company down the road; there definitely is a good revenue share opportunity, in the least. I am salaried within my company, but I earn my paycheck by working as a software consultant/contractor, but have a plan to restructure and redefine the company because of this new publisher deal.

I am extremely hard working, but very friendly and easy going. I take business very seriously and am meticulous in my planning, but as a game designer and developer I can switch from serious to fun within a single heart beat. If you think that we could be a good fit, I definitely would like to hear from you. There is urgency in finding the right person for this role, so please contact me soon!

2. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Hey, no fair! You can't get even get 50 points without living in San Francisco. :D

3. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Hint.. one of your favorite games is Hospital Havoc. ;)

4. Galaxius

Galaxius Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    That's cuz you get +10000000000000 points for living close (enough) to apple campus! :p

5. RayGraham

Mar 7, 2009
    Nah, just the Bay Area. It's a pretty big area. :p Like 100 mile radius or so.

6. RayGraham

Mar 7, 2009
    haha. No, not really.

7. conrem

conrem Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2009
    developer + student at medicine
    Moldova
    I can get only 45, cuz i don't live near SF.
    so excuse me )

8. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    + points is a really cool way for looking for people.
    I'll do the same, starting from looking for a wife.