Pixely People Making Movies (Looking for Beta Testers!)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by staffan_nekomata, Jan 14, 2012.

1. staffan_nekomata

staffan_nekomata Active Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Art maker
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Hi!

We need beta testers for our upcoming game; Pixely People Making Movies. It is a game where you run a movie studio and you try to make as good movies as possible. We think that it could maybe be described as a mix between ‘Game Dev Story’ and ‘Diner Dash’.

[​IMG]

After you choose what kind of movie to make (a drama-pirate movie? or a horror-space movie? that is up to you) you then have 3 minutes to squeeze out as high a score as you can out of your loyal workers.

As you move the workers between the departments you will have to stay on your toes though: the workers are not flawless. Some of them gets angry and needs to be quarantined before they spread the anger to someone else, some of them suddenly starts to talk about something that sounds interesting to them but the other workers around them immediately fall asleep!

Luckily they all have good sides that might compensate for their shortcomings. They hand out cupcakes, work extra hard, take such good care of their hair that sleeping workers wake up when they pass by and so on.

After the movie is done you can distribute points the workers that levelled up gained to make them better / less prone to mishaps. With the money you make you can hire more workers, or unlock new movie themes to use, vampire and western for example.

Some friends have been playing it for a bit but now we would like to get some input from people with fresh and untainted eyes.

We hope that you will help us out! If you would like to do us the honor of testing our little game, just drop us a short mail at [email protected] where you tell us what your favourite iPhone game is and why. We use Testflight to distribute the game.

Looking forward to hear from you,
    Linnéa and Staffan,
    Nekomata Games

2. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Application Sent

3. koyut

koyut Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Look interesting. Sent an email.

4. TheShoresOfHell

TheShoresOfHell Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    I´m just here to say that the game looks really cool and the idea is brilliant, i hope it is polished and will be in my list until the full game releases :)

5. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Wow this game is HARD! Reset my company 4 times now since I ran out of money. :(

Some thoughts after playing for a while:

Money is really hard to come by.
    Aura isn't explained.
    Would be nice if we can scroll through employees by swiping left and right.

6. TheShoresOfHell

TheShoresOfHell Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    I think the idea of a beta tester is to comunicate all the issues and bugs to the developer privately :p

7. staffan_nekomata

Jan 14, 2012
    Art maker
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Hello hello, I just want to say that I don't mind if people express their opinion of the state of the game in this thread, not at all. I don't think that is against the forum rules either? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Your feedback is worth so much to us, if you rather post it here than in an email that is fine by us.

Don't hesitate to send us a request to test the game, and your answer to the favorite game question has no wrong answer - we just want to know a tiny little bit about you :)

/staffan

8. staffan_nekomata

Jan 14, 2012
    Art maker
    Stockholm, Sweden
    First of all justIn, thanks for playing!

Money is probably too hard to get by as it is now, after all we want this to appeal to casual players too. So that is being looked at.

Auras are the most important tool to get high scores and that is not in the tutorial as of now, but in the next release (in a couple of days) that will be taken care of.

Swiping is on it's way into the game too.

Thanks again and yell at me if you want me to explain auras, or anything.

9. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    I thought it would be easier to post here since other testers can also contribute to the discussion.

Had a blast playing PP:MM, 5 hours later and I'm still at difficulty 2 only. This game seems really hardcore though.

10. Mogmi

Mogmi Member

Hi! Linnéa here, the other developer of this game. Thanks a lot for your kind words, they really make it easier to pull through in this last phase of the development :) We're polishing and balancing the game all day right now!

11. WizMan

WizMan Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Applied and email sent.

12. sivyan

sivyan Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Germany
    E-mail sent and will be bought on official release :)