Full Sports Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by walsh06, Jun 15, 2009.

1. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

There are three full sports games (field and ball games) i think at the moment. Real Football, X2 Football and rugby nations. I was wondering which is the best. I want one but dont know which as they all have good things about them.

So which would ye say is the best game.

2. adbjmb

adbjmb Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    In my opinion get x2 football hands down. You'll be impressed.

3. jmarquiso

jmarquiso Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Real Football has been around longer, and stays on my iTouch. And I don't even LIKE soccer - er - football.

That being said, X2 is pretty good too.

4. walsh06

one of the things im wondering is that does x2 football have replability as its only international. while Real Football as leagues

5. ian1969uk

ian1969uk Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    You can play in league format, just with international teams.

6. walsh06

oh i didnt know that. THat helps its argument quite a bit.

7. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    imho, get real soccer 09. Its one of my favorites. And those are not all the sports games there are. 9 Innings Pro Baseball 2009 is one of my favorites, and I like it more than baseball superstars.

8. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    this is a post of mine from another thread:

I just wanted everyone to know how much gameplay is in Real Soccer 2009. IMO it's an awesome game, and the best soccer one for iPhone, and here are the stats: If one wants to win all the cups and complete all the leagues, there are 260 games to be played. If your on a 15-minute game setting, that is 65 hours of gameplay. If your on a ten minute game setting, completing the cups and leagues would take 43 hours. And if your on a 5 minute game setting, which is too short IMO, then it would take 21 and a half hours to complete just these two modes. I did not take into account the time one could spend on the multiplayer, practice, penalty kick, or exhibition modes. Just sayin, RS09 has not just a lot of gameplay, a helluva lot of gameplay. Not to mention it is an awesome game. So, I suggest gameloft's Real Soccer 2009 if one is going to buy an iPhone soccer game. It is easily my most played and one of my favorites.

9. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

have you played x2 football?

x2 football wins hands down.

10. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Tiger Woods, Real racing, and Real Tennis are full sports games.

Or are you just mentioning team sports games?

11. walsh06

I said field and ball games. I meant team sports ya. Not mini games like penalty shootout and stuff

12. ian1969uk

ian1969uk Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I have to agree, I own both of the football games and X2 is quite easily the better game.

13. frogtorch

frogtorch Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Not having RS09, I can't speak for it. X2 is awesome though. Great controls, fantastic graphics, and simply put, fun. Rugby Nations is good too. But it doesn't have as much polish. Little things like teammates not having any variety, hair color much less skins tones, but it plays well enough.

Definitely get X2. It's great.

14. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    played the lite and I don't like it that much. And real soccer 09 just got an update that makes it even smoother with no bugs.

15. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Yeah, it has a much better gameplay. By that, I mean ball physics, off-the-ball player movements, controls, opponents' and teammates' AI, overall game speed, etc. If you know football in real life, you'd love it.

I have Real Football and never enjoyed it. Something feels wrong, maybe the 'headless chickens' thing? :p All it has over X2 is club licenses and competition, but of course we all prefer better gameplay to club licenses.

Plus, Real Football is pretty much finished - the devs won't really put anymore content to it except bugs fixing or OS 3.0 compatibility.

On the other hand, X2 Football will get so many updates in the future like online multiplayer: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?threadid=14817

16. walsh06

Is the ai good in x2 cos even on hard real football was kinds easy

17. Baloney

Baloney Well-Known Member

May 2, 2009
    One big problem about Real Soccer. IT'S TOO DANG EASY!. Even on hardest difficulty.

18. walsh06

I got x2 and I love it. The difficulty is hard aswell which is excellent for a FIFA pro. Two things though, why is there no world cup and someone said there are leagues in this. I can't find any

19. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I don't know how good you are, it might be hard for me yet still too easy for you. One thing for sure is the opponents are smarter and behave as a team more than mindless individuals. You also won't score all your shots on goal ;)

The goalie is smarter and the ball often hits the bar. It once annoyed me as the goal was wide open and I hit the bar twice and the goalie flew to block my third shot!!

Buffon is amazing. I find it hard to score against him.