iShoot or Pocket Tanks Deluxe

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by oldskooler81, Aug 31, 2009.

1. oldskooler81

oldskooler81 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Michigan
    I tried both the lite versions of iShoot and Pocket Tanks. I like both of them but not sure which one I should buy. If there are any other ones like these games that you think are better post them.

2. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    kil a ton is the best hands down

3. Ktcf11

Ktcf11 Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    IN
    If you don't have star hogs or worms then you should get one them.

4. Cy Yunga

Cy Yunga Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    only one I have out of all mentioned is iShoot, and i've been fine with that. what's special with worms and star hogs?

5. Silver Orange

Silver Orange Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    California
    Only one I have is Pocket Tanks.

Absolutely amazing game, so many weapons!

6. Ktcf11

Ktcf11 Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    IN
    Star Hogs has lots of customization, great controls, and online multiplayer. Worms is well..Worms, with pretty good graphics, lots of weapons and should have online multiplayer soon. Worms controls aren't the best though.

7. oldskooler81

oldskooler81 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Michigan
    I have Worms
    Star Hogs does not look good to me
    Kil.A.Ton looks good

8. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    okay imho kilaton is the best out of the three as it is the best tank artillery style and its gonna get updates unlike the others.

starhogs and worms are a bit different but same type of artillery game and I also recommend those too

9. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Pocket Tanks Deluxe!

10. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I think Kil.a.ton has best 2D graphics and better gameplay because it is more fast paced, but limited weapons for now. Pocket tanks and iShoot are similar and both very good.
    Star Hogs is the only 3D artillery game and should be in a class of its own. it has excellent customisation of tanks themselves, not just weapons. I still wish the graphics were a bit sharper of actual tanks during play, but it still is a 5/5 game.
    Don't have worms. Many comments were less than complimentary.

11. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Yeah I agree kil.a.ton is the best graphically and will be receiving more updates.
    Ishoot has a weapons editor, so nearly limitless weapon combos.
    Pocket tanks is a great artillary game with many different weapons and a large fan base.
    Star Hogs is excellent because you can customize and upgrade your ship.
    I don't like worms' controls even after the update, but some people really like it, so it's completely up to the player.
    Personally, I like all of them but worms. However, out of the two you mentioned, I'd go with iShoot, just because of the weapons editor.

12. MrJR

MrJR Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    I played pocket tanks on PC, and really enjoyed it. Looked for it on iPhone, but the closest thing was ishoot. It was fine, but I didn't capture me like pocket tanks, and I never even got the full version. I bought pocket tanks almost immediately when I saw it because it's a classic, and an absolute blast to play. Biased take, for sure, but between the 2, pocket tanks, no contest.

13. XciteMe83

XciteMe83 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Yeah, BEFORE the new update.

The last update the big issues people were having with the game.

Worms will always remain the best "tank" type game. The others just aren't as fun or creative, IMHO.

14. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I completely agree. Worms is just... More fun. With the little squeaky voices, the cartoon graphics and such.

Plus, there's plenty of good weapons in Worms too. Sheep, dynamite, jetpacks, ninja ropes, holy hand grenade... All sorts.

You seem to have alot more mobility in Worms too. With the jetpack and all... As well as teleport.

I do wish you could set up your own game options in the iphone version though... Oh well. I still have Armageddon for my laptop.

15. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    I keep Kil.a.ton and Worms on my iPhone, but iShoot and Pocket tanks are both very good games (as is Star Hogs) - They each have their pros and cons

16. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

If you have got worms and starhogs, get iShoot!

17. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Worms is decent but pales in comparison to the PC version, if you've got any choice at all just skip the iPhone one and go straight for Armageddon on the PC... it's probably about the same price by now.

Of the two games in the title... Pocket Tanks by far. The original has been in production and continually upgraded for years now, and the weapon selection is huge.