List of games with iCloud support

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by switch-it, Dec 21, 2011.

1. switch-it

switch-it Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Denmark
    #1 switch-it, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
    [​IMG]

This list contains games that support iCloud. If you have any changes you think should be made to the list, or have additional information, feel free to reply to this thread or send me a PM.

The List

Contributors
    • iND
    • pavarotti2007
    • Shinsaku
    • smuttlegiaco
    • lumothesinner
    • cyberhomie
    • Shuriken

Recently Added

February 16.
    11 game(s) added: Boomle, djay, FANTASYxRUNNERS, Galaxy On Fire 2 HD, Insider Trading, iQuickBlock, Joe Monkey Escapes, League Of Evil 2, Spicy Square, Stop Counting, SummitX Snowboarding

January 21.
    7 game(s) added: Bird Zapper!, Crazy Hedgy, Katana Jack!, Qvoid, Shantae, Time of Heroes, Wind-up Knight

January 16.
    3 game(s) added: Jaws™ Revenge, The Creeps!, W.E.L.D.E.R.

January 15.
    10 game(s) added: Angry Boo, Army Chess Super Online, Chicken Rescue, Duck Duck Quack!, FlickPig, Fruits Exploder, Plum Crazy, Sea Stars, SpyCorp, The Bard's Tale

December 23.
    1 game(s) added: Pocket God

December 22.
    4 game(s) added: Anomaly Warzone Earth HD, NBA 2K12 for iPad, NBA 2K12 for iPhone, Whizzers

December 21.
    20 game(s) added: Age of Zombies™ Anniversary, Batman Arkham City Lockdown, Chains, Civilization Revolution, Cut the Rope, Cut the Rope: Experiments, Doodle Jump, Evertales, Infinity Blade II, Moto X Mayhem, M.U.S.E., N.O.V.A. 2 - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance HD, Scribblenauts Remix, Siegecraft, Sky Gamblers: Rise Of Glory, Snowboard Hero, Sprinkle: Water splashing fire fighting fun!, Starbase Orion, The Incident, Zombieville USA 2

2. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Do all these games work with device switching? infinity Blade works but unsure about the rest??

3. switch-it

Sep 21, 2009
    Denmark
    #3 switch-it, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
    I have changed the title of the thread to better describe what this thread is about. This is not about synchronization of game saves between devices, but rather about backup support for iCloud (a feature which is being greatly overlooked by developers).

Edit: Does no longer apply. See post #33

4. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    Isn't it meant to just work without effort?

5. switch-it

Sep 21, 2009
    Denmark
    #5 switch-it, Dec 22, 2011
    Yes, but there are to sides to iCloud; Synchronization between devices, and the ability to use iCloud to always have a backup of the save game. This list is meant to point out which games takes advantage of the latter.

If you have any info on the unconfirmed games it would help a lot.

6. iND

iND Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    #6 iND, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
    Please add: Whizzers & Sprinkle: Water splashing fire fighting fun!

[​IMG]

7. switch-it

Sep 21, 2009
    Denmark
    #7 switch-it, Dec 22, 2011
    Thank you very much for your help.

I'm also looking for confirmation on games on the unconfirmed list, that do not support backup of games.

8. Rubicon

Feb 22, 2011
    Isle of Wight, UK
    I'm just wondering if there's anything specific we should add to ours tbh. I was under the (possibly mis-) understanding that all data was backed up and synced based on datestamps so both of your things should just happen.

9. switch-it

Sep 21, 2009
    Denmark
    #9 switch-it, Dec 22, 2011
    I'm not a developer and i have not seen how Apple have handled the situation regarding informing developers about iCloud. But from what i can see there are two aspects to iCloud, the ones i mentioned before. For us single-device owners (and probably multi-device owners) it is frustrating that developers doesn't utilize all the tools at their disposal. Some of us have to temporarily remove apps to get space, and it is a pain to lose our progress in those apps. Having a backup feature through iCloud in your game will make me more reluctant to play your game, because i don't have any fear of losing progress.

Edit: If you are talking about the synchronization between iCloud and your phone, then yes, everything is backed up, but that is only good for when you need to restore your phone. If you want to temporarily remove an app from your phone, it is however, useless as it will remove the game saves forever.

Edit 2: Does no longer apply. See post #33

10. Rubicon

Feb 22, 2011
    Isle of Wight, UK
    Right, that makes sense. (You can probably tell I'm not the low-level implementer here).

I'll bring this to the attention of the team, as we all assumed that this should not need effort to store files before deleting an app.

Thanks. As you were... :)

11. switch-it

Sep 21, 2009
    Denmark
    Well that's great! :) Don't forget to give me credit in your update notes ;P

12. Shinsaku

Shinsaku Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    I have document files for infinity Blade II, Batman:Arkham City Lockdown, Doodle Jump and Pocket God. Hope this helps!

13. switch-it

Sep 21, 2009
    Denmark
    Could you take a screenshot of it? Like iND and I have done, and send it to me?

14. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    #14 fulcizombie, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
    Nova2 supports iCloud saves .I tested it .

15. switch-it

Sep 21, 2009
    Denmark
    It might support game save synchronization but it doesn't support game save backups. I just checked it myself.

16. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Really ? I deleted it from my iPad then I installed it again and my save was there and I started playing from the point I was before deleting it .

17. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    These are the ones from my iPhone

Attached Files:

18. switch-it

Sep 21, 2009
    Denmark
    Hmm. Could you go to Settings => iCloud => Storage & Backup and see if the game is listed there? If it is, could you take a screenshot and post it?

19. Shinsaku

Shinsaku Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    You can add Wind-up Knight to the list. They just came out with an update that supports iCloud.

20. smuttlegiaco

smuttlegiaco Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    add our new release "Time of Heroes" also. universal with iCloud saves. ;)