Universal SOULCALIBUR - ( by NamcoBandai Games Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 18, 2012.

1. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    A far more intelligent and appreciated reply than the one I quoted above. Cheers.

2. miumius

miumius Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Will there ever be multiplayer? Because I paid $14 and I love the game but it doesn't feel like I'm getting my full money's worth

3. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Firstly, chill Winston. Secondly, it is not identical to the dreamcast version at all. It was rewritten for xbla, and is significantly improved. Repeat, it is not the version from the dreamcast. Stop telling people it is.

4. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I'm hearing the xbla version doesn't have multi so I would imagine a special feature for the iOS version to be very unlikely. Don't want to rain on the parade but that's how it seems. And I bought it on first day also. Had I known the source version of this game didn't have multi I may have waited. Heck I thought this game was made specifically for ios only.

5. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    You should probably read my post again.

If you do, and find ANY traces of complaints over or criticism at SoulCalibur's lack of online multiplayer (as opposed to factual statements, such as that I would probably play the game more often if it had online capabilities, or personal opinions, such as that SFIV Volt offers more value to the dollars thanks to the online mode, which is not criticism of SC, but praise of SFIV Volt), then I'll record and send you a video of me, dressed up as Ivy, challenging your grand master of martial arts of choice, and consequently getting thoroughly groundpounded.

I enjoy both games greatly, but when Bawis says that he is unsure what game to buy, it is hard to recommend SFIV Volt without mentioning the online mode, which is what makes SFIV the better value in my opinion (since, as you point out, SC has MUCH going for it).

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Looks like multiplayer is finally here. SC is featured again by Apple, and if you look under the N&N list, there's a banner that says "New Multiplayer Added" on top of a SC background. Expect the update to hit tonight or tomorrow night in the US.

7. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    YES!!!!
    I'm so glad I didn't delete this with my deleting splurge 2 days ago. YAY!!

8. zergslayer69

Apr 21, 2010
    Yay finally not a single player game only.

9. iVoloster

iVoloster Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Insurance
    NY
    If they add GC multiplayer I'm all over this game, local multiplayer really doesnt help me justify 15 bucks when I'm the only one I know who would pick this up.:p

10. PugLover

PugLover Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    USA
    I pray for a sale even though it says it is on sale for $14.99 but multiplayer might get me to buy it soon. I also hope for a Retina display update for the new iPad

11. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Count me in as I am beginning to loose interest in SF4 volt:rolleyes: I will pick this up only if it has online MP not Bluetooth:rolleyes:

12. zergslayer69

Apr 21, 2010
    I have a feeling they'll just go the cheap easy way and do local. Although its been a lot of time since it originally came out, so hopefully they've been diligently working on online coding.

13. zergslayer69

Apr 21, 2010
    Update is out in US. and I knew it, local only. If it were to be online they would've built the game around that to begin with.

14. Nudgenudge

Nudgenudge Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Also, the XBLA/PSN versions had local only, so network code for iOS only? Didn't think it was going to happen. :(

So, with this, the iOS version is on par with the home console ones (except the Story mode, which was Dreamcast-only).
    For the Story mode: actually, is Namco totally bailing on this? It wasn't in the new ones, wasn't in the remakes... what happened?

15. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Bluetooth-based multiplayer that's not even compatible with the 4th gen. iPod and only a $3 sale off of $15? Guess it's still not time to get it yet.

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    As someone who picked this up on release date, I'm beyond ecstatic that NamcoBandai stuck to their word and indeed had a proper launch sale, instead of lowering the price as soon as the sale was over... and it's also just as good to know that this sale = the launch sale. Very mother****ing respectable.

17. zergslayer69

Apr 21, 2010
    I guess this is their last update now that multiplayer is out and xbla version didn't have a story mode?

18. swarmster

swarmster Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Hope not. I'm guessing "Gorgeous Retina display graphics!" is just misleading holdover text and doesn't mean 'for the iPad'. Also still holding out for iCade support before I purchase.

19. zergslayer69

Apr 21, 2010
    Pretty sure the retina meant for the iPhone or iPod. And icade seems unlikely. This is a major company after all, not an indie company with a handful of titles to focus on.

20. swarmster

swarmster Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Pac-Man for iPad supports the iCade, so Namco's done it before.