Universal Deus Ex: The Fall - (by SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Danz060391, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    It's good on iPhone 5 then? How is the screen? Feeling cluttered or not bad?

2. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    I am a Deus Ex mega fan. For several years I would play through the original at least once every year. I LOVE DX.

Having said that I am soooooo glad they made this for iOS. I have barely any time for gaming, certainly not sustained game time other than in bed after the wife falls asleep, so I'm pretty much iOS gaming exclusive at this point. It took me a month to finally finish Human Revolution on my PC and its not that long of a game!

So I'm psyched this is on iOS and I hope for more.

I've purchased but haven't had time to play... can't wait!

3. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Well, what do you expect from a professional website that takes a broad view of gaming as a whole? As opposed to individuals with chronic gaming platform inferiority complex, ready to brand whichever next dull-witted, generic FPS comes along as "raising the bar"?

4. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Aren't you unfairly discrediting reviews that will disagree with the likely 5 stars score the site will give the game?

5. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I have an iPhone 5 too but don't have an iPad so I am in the middle buy or not buy?
    Also for the past two year I haven't touched any PC or console game and I am a new member to iOS too so...
    Any advice???

6. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
  7. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    #207 tarasis, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    To be fair Eurogamer has had its fair share of "Uh?" reviews

8. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Ha ha not everybody has high end PC's and current gen game consoles my friend. The most important thing I think is it FUN and are the controls implemented well for the platform? I don't expect PS3 games on my mobile device.

Then again I'm not paying 60 bucks for games either.

9. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
  10. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I'm biased toward the series, but I think it rocks. No, not too cluttered for me.

11. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Hm... that was worrying, but now that I read it I don't think I will care. Sounds to me like the main issues are the stupid AI, inconsistent hit detection, and voice acting.

The inconsistent hit detection is all I can imagine being a frustration for me... I don't care about AI. In fact, I'm happy the AI sounds dumber than a box of taquitos. I was actually worried about AI in it on the touch screen... when there is smarter AI, there tends to be more panic on my end, and that's when the touch screen starts giving me so much trouble. Maybe the dumbness was intentional for that reason? Perhaps they turned it down just a tad low, though :p

The voice acting from the first minute of the video Sanuku posted did bother me, but I feel like the rest of it improved greatly as the video went on.

Truthfully, as long as the atmosphere and music are there, I will be fine. Ain't nobody got time for shooting down no 5/10 Deus Ex game. NOBODY! :D

12. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Not at all, everyone's entitled to their opinion and your history with a game franchise definitely will impact how you feel about future installments in said franchise. I just think it's interesting. Jared is finishing his review now. This is his first Deus Ex game, and he really digs it.

13. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    That's what I wondered too. It's one thing if a reviewer has it out against the game simply because it's on iOS, but for a game that so clearly wants to be held up against its Human Revolution brother, why is it ok to overlook issues? Oh, because it's mobile and we're used to getting poor controls, AI, whatever. Please.

If a game has issues and people aren't willing to point them out it will just further the divide.

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ...That feeling when you see you've only seen the game's TITLE, and you already know you get your seven dollars worth and more.

15. twistedmind87

twistedmind87 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Anyone with jailbreak problems use ifile and assign the main app to mobile and set all permissions to read write and execute. Job done :)

16. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    While it may be unfair, this kind of bias is seen in movie and television reviews.

Television shows are lauded and praised so highly when they feel like movies. Cinematic camera angles, witty writing, etc. etc. Conversely, movies are disliked for feeling like TV shows with cheap lighting and camera angles.

While logistically it doesn't make sense to pass off a game's flaws just because it's a mobile game, while it would be lambasted on a home console... psychologically it makes a lot of sense. We have come to expect a certain standard on mobile games, and they will continue to be held to that standard.

17. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    I'm sorry,but for who is this statement directed to??For which game also??This one??

18. twistedmind87

Apr 21, 2013
    Var > Mobile > Applications > Deus Ex > DXM.app > DXM (properties)

19. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    It's kind of sad that reviewers can't just grade a game on it's quality as a game and just leave it there. Not in comparison to other games, just on it's own merits as being fun, bug free, and so on. Too much attention is put on platform and graphics.

Still, it's not like I'm even looking to reviewers for buying decisions. The mass of gamers here that are dedicated to iOS gaming are more important to me than a few people who often are fairly random from site to site posting their views between playing games on their PS3, 360 or whatever.

As for the AI issue, it seems to be a matter of contention. I've read posts on here that say the AI can be pretty ruthless if you mess up. It may not be perfect 10/10 AI, but it doesn't sound bad overall.

20. twistedmind87

Apr 21, 2013
    Should look like this :

Attached Files: